F/A-16C CAS Viper. Tamyia 1/48

I have kept another secret build from you 😛

It´s a Viper...but just not any Viper but a Viper that was part part of one of the USAFs attempts to replace the A-10 as the USAF main CAS plattform.
It did not turn out well and the A-16 was not to be as it was a way to delicate for a powerful 30mm gatling gun.

Nothing tells the story of the CAS Viper and the GAU-13 gun better than this article:

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-f-16-gun-pod-that-tried-to-shoot-down-the-a-10-wart-1597577525

A Viper in wraparound Euro-1 was simply irresistable so armed with a Tamyia F-16C block 25, Aires exhausts, seat and Caracals CAS Viper decal sheet, a GPU-5
gun pod from the hasegawa weapon set and Rockeyes, Sidewinders and Mavericks from Eduard, I set out to build a true CAS Viper!

The first hurdle to overcome was the Pave Penny pod, the pylon attached to ithe air intake was no where to be seen until I found a resin set for a IAF Netz conversion
from wolfpack. It is the only source for this Pave Penny pod needed for this build just so you know 😛

The second hurdle was that I got plagued by silvering on the Caracal decals...not their fault, somehow skimped on the surface work or something I tried fixing it but
to no avail..the decals decided to stay silvered 😞

Other than that....Tamyia Vipers are fantastic to build, just so you know if you never tried one 😛

OKi here comes the picture avalanche 😛

DSC_3970_zpscqww3f6n.jpg

DSC_3972_zpsfwitlwhn.jpg

DSC_3974_zpsf4ajrqiv.jpg

DSC_3976_zps1bpetnx0.jpg

DSC_3978_zpsmpkkvf6o.jpg

DSC_3980_zps6wkt4xrh.jpg

DSC_3982_zpsdyevhrl0.jpg

DSC_3984_zpsaf2f8rzc.jpg

DSC_3985_zpsihixi0nj.jpg

DSC_3988_zpstkavteua.jpg

DSC_3989_zpsfeinuj3h.jpg

DSC_3992_zpsapysotrn.jpg

more in part 2

Edited by Aigore
broken links
5 minutes ago, Bob Beary said:

A lot of theses photos are showing up very dark, even at maximum monitor brightness levels.

Bob

Yep... I should get me a better monitor, when I edited I thought the brightness was as good as possible but when I see the pics on my pad they are way to dark.

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

yeeessss!!!!! I have always had one of these on my to-do list and you literally dropped my jaw with these pictures Aigore! Simply top notch and stunning!

Thanx O golden Water of Life! 

1 hour ago, Matthew83128 said:

That’s my jet! She was the first jet I every crewed. She was part of the 309th at Luke at the time. She ended up in the boneyard for a period. Now she’s part of the QF-16 program as a drone/target at Tyndall. Amazing work!

Wow, thanx and that is some coincident 😄

Always fun when someone has a personal relation to a build I've made 😄

Man, that's sweet.  It may have been a failed concept, but I've always loved the way those F-16's looked in Euro-1, and your addition of the CAS load makes it look even more sinister.  Nice work!

-Ryan

11 hours ago, BN7149 said:

Man, that's sweet.  It may have been a failed concept, but I've always loved the way those F-16's looked in Euro-1, and your addition of the CAS load makes it look even more sinister.  Nice work!

-Ryan

Thanx Ryan 😄

Yeah , that unique load out was another reason to do the build...GPU-5 looks really menacing!

11 hours ago, Matthew83128 said:

Here’s a pic I took 20 about years ago. Someday when I have time I’d love to build each of the Vipers I crewed, I’ll start with her.

78691267-2CA3-4E3A-A164-E3F940EE499E_zps

Good idea 🙂