Civilian Airport Aircraft Displays

Just been from my hometown of Armidale to our nations capital Canberra for work, which requires changing planes in Sydney.  Both Sydney & Canberra have an historic aircraft on display in the terminals.  The Sydney one has been there for a few years now (and from the pic below, you can work out where ''QANTAS'' came from), but the Canberra one is newish.  What is on display in your airports?

Guw4CGG.jpg

B4ww6W9.jpg

tmC2tU5.jpg

WNJTOJ8.jpg

mutTupn.jpg

And next time I'm at Tamworth airport I'll have another one.

I've just ordered the Airfix kit in 1/72 for the Avro 504 to make the Qantas version.  It's going to take some serious modification of the fuselage depth & nose (to replicate the Sunbeam Dyak engine).  But I found a great build thread with good pics of how to do it - which basically involves just using the Airfix fuselage sides & scratching the top/bottom/nose/cockpit.

Will be my biggest scratch-build effort to date.  Should keep me out of trouble for a while :ninja:

I'll need to order the Hawkeye decals too, and maybe try out some of that Uschi elastic rigging.