Revell 1/144 Straight Wing B-52G Stratofortress 34th BS @ 1992.

Dutch

Very impressive work and will be following with interest. 1/144th scale is perfect for the Bluff when space is a problem as she is BIG!.

Why not post your build photos here on ARC as well?

Scrapers also look very interesting and quite useful

Keep 'em comin
Peter :thumbsup:

Peter,  I posted on SCM as that is where I keep track of all my projects.  ARC has a file size upload limit that requires too much effort to overcome.  SCM is just easier.  Thanks for looking.  R/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

Thanks for tuning in, Brother! 

Yeah, she's been on hold for a few days while I take care of life.  I will try to do some more tonight.  I reapplied putty to the windscreen and will sand the center pane a little narrower.   I already re-puttied and re-sanded the wing joints, so as soon as I have the windscreen done, I will hit it with paint and let it set.  Still waiting for Kursad's decals to arrive for the basic markings & data. 

In the meantime, I went ahead and assembled, masked & painted the major sub-groups on my other Revell (ex-Crown) B-52H in the early silver / white markings.  Next step will be the engines.  I am building it in-flight mode as the u/c is atrocious.  I will upload some photos along with this build soon.  Who knows, I may start attacking those RC-135s you sent me.

R/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

Krylon Premium metallic Original Chrome.  About $8 at Michael's. (closest craft / hobby store to me.)  I always spray over a base gloss coat for best results.  The paint appears dry to the touch fairly fast, but beware!  It smudges until it is completely dry.  I let it cure for 24-48 hours before removing masking and handling the parts.  I have not over-sprayed yet for decal application, but will let you know.

Edited by Dutch
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, Dutch said:

I have not over-sprayed yet for decal application, but will let you know.

Thanks, that was my next question.   Some silver paints look so nice when you lay them down but as soon as you overspray to seal it in, the original luster or sheen is lost.

On 8/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, Dutch said:

Peter,  I posted on SCM as that is where I keep track of all my projects.  ARC has a file size upload limit that requires too much effort to overcome.

I don't understand ... I use a 3rd party image hosting and there's no limit to image size.

And those saw blades look most interesting ... I had never heard of 'em! I do a lot scratch building, on the Real Space forum, and these blades look like something I hafta try!

Thanx Dutch!

Pete

Pete, whenever I try to upload a photo or file on ARC, i get a "max total size 0.1 MB" notice. Not sure why. Anyway,  you are most welcome to saw blade info. Readily available on eBay, but cheaper from hobby plaza japan. I get over to real space forum to check out your work and that of others also. Impressive stuff there, considering that your chosen venue is woefully under represented. Keep up the great work.

R/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
  • 3 months later...

New Year's Day and I got about 1.5 hours in decaling the jet  I applied all but one of the custom decals and started applying the Caracal windshield and some of the ECM panels.  Will continue with the remainder of the stencils. I misplaced one ECM decal and spent several minutes trying to locate it, only to discover it right under my nose. Pics 53-56 of the SCM album.