Revell 1/144 Straight Wing B-52G Stratofortress 34th BS @ 1992.

Spent about 1.5 hours this afternoon applying all the little data decals from Caracal CD144005 B-52H sheet.  Thankfully, many are grouped together, making placement easier.  However, I noticed that soem of the spacing is off from the Revell molded in detail.  I am sure Kursad used the correct USAF Tech Orders, so Revell's spacing is probably suspect.  Anyway, decalling is complete.  Check out photos #57-60 in the SCM album.  Now, I just need to seal with clear coat and add the wheels and doors.  Good thing, my friend is coming to town this week, so it should be done just in time.

Edited by Dutch

Thanks, brother Jonah, brother Ray and brother Don!  Wow, I have quite a model family here! I applied some Micro Sol and Set to the horizontal stab walkway decals and they snuggled down very nicely over the vortex generators. Now for a gentle wash and clear coats. I accidentally broke off one of the rear gear legs, so super glued it back on. I hope the tires will all sit level.  Don, yes the windows are Caracal decals. They are slightly off center, but i will do a better job in filling and sanding the frames on my next Revell Buff builds.

Edited by Dutch

After first applying a couple of thin layers of Testors enamel Glosscote, I let them dry over night on Friday and applied the final layer of Testors Enamel Dullcote (rattlecans) on Saturday.  Today, I superglued the outriggers, then outrigger and main gear doors, and lastly the missing .50 cal barrel.  I then touched up the guns barrels and engine exhausts with dark metallic grey paint.  I am quite pleased.  Not perfect, but I have learned much and will use that knowledge to better build my next bevy of BUFFs.  My thanks to Jonah for creating and printing the custom decals for B-52G 57-6520 in 34th BS, 366th WG markings circa 1992.  

C'est finis!  Enjoy the last 8 photos.  My friend is due to stop by in a couple of hours.  He has an inkling, but I am not sure he knows exactly what is in store.  

B-52G_001.JPG

Edited by Dutch

Ray, thank you.  My friend picked it up today and was both excited and amazed at the detail.  I pointed out some of the mistakes, but he was very pleased nevertheless and said he had already prepared a special place in his home office to display it.  I am glad it will now be in a happy home. On to the next kit!  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch