I believe there are two conversion kits available in 1/72. Falcon does a vac conversion and RVHP does a resin one. You will have to acquire a either a Hasegawa or Fujimi E-2C Hawkeye for the wings and landing gear. I believe the Falcon kit is available, not sure about the RVHP. It may be available on the private sale market. Other folks may know of more info.

Ouch. The price (RVHP) is almost $100.00 plus shipping. There are several on ebay for $80..00. They also have $9.00 shipping from Hong Kong. Check on the Falcon conversion. It will no doubt be cheaper since it is a vac. Falcon has a website. Looks like the Hasegawa Hawkeye is available on ebay for roughly around $40.00.

Edited by jpk

I made a C-2 using the Falcon vac form fuselage and  HellerE-2C Hawkeye. I don't know if the Hasegawa E-2C will fit the Falcon conversion as it was designed for the Fujimi kit.

P.S. I see you are from the UK. Hannants have the Falcon conversion for £16.99 and a Fujimi E-2C can be picked up for under £20.00 on eBay.

Edited by Nigel Bunker

Well you can always move up to the Kinetic 1/48 C-2A as it is the only complete kit of the Greyhound. I have the kit and while it was molded by Kinetic's previous molding company and not their latest as evidenced by their beautiful F/A-18 series, it is a pretty accurate looking kit. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2018 at 2:43 AM, SQLModeller said:

yeah I have seen that 1/48 F/A-18 - but im building US Navy 1/72 scale prowlers, hawkeyes, Vikings and wanted a C2 greyhound. Looks like I am going to have to do a conversion.

will post some pictures soon.

How is your progress? I m going down the same path as you, I have completed 1/72 Intruder, Prowler, 2 x Seahawks, S-3 Viking. Currently working on an E-2C Hawkeye 2000. All that i mentioned are in "folded" configuration, either scratched build or wolfpack resin