ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Harry Chu

Tamiya 1/48 F-14A

Superb detail work for your Tomcat. The seeker cap wiring is impressive!

Just amazing work. I've never seen this level of craftsmanship on a 1/48th scale kit, much less a 1/32 scale. I am in awe.

I have no words to describe how truly mind blowingly amazing this is. 

I honestly think you’ve hit the pinnacle of scale modeling perfection 

Seconded. This is really astounding work Harry. Truly inspiring and humbling. I would love to see how you have achieved such an epic result.

Will

Posted (edited)

Not humanly possible.  Harry is an alien from another planet with super-human like powers.  Either that or he's shrunk a real F-14 down to 1/48 scale.  :jaw-dropping:

Edited by Mstor

On 8/12/2019 at 6:07 AM, Mstor said:

Not humanly possible.  Harry is an alien from another planet with super-human like powers.  Either that or he's shrunk a real F-14 down to 1/48 scale.  :jaw-dropping:

I'll second that!!! It's not humanly possible🤩

I can only concure to the above statements. It would be incredible in 1/32, it is even more astounding what level of detail you acchieve in 1/48.

Cheers,

Markus

Dang. I’ve got the kit cockpit started and taking my sweet time. I nabbed Furball’s sheet for VF-154 F-14A’s and I’m looking forward to the month I’ll have to set aside for all of the decals. Absolutely stunner of a build sir. Anytime you wanna share your secrets for those ‘burner cans I’m all ears, eyes...

Seriously. What Lucio said. I mean, look at the decal near the exhaust- legit faded look. Absolutely brilliant. 

I concur with everyone. THIS is amazing. So my question is either HOW do you do such fine precise work at such a small scale, ORRRRR where did you find such GIANT thumbs and forefingers to use while taking pictures of a real F-14 landing gear assembly? I'm leaning towards believing they are giant hands. I think that would be easier to do.

Keep up the amazing work.

Bill