Flying Leathernecks Decals FL48009 F/A-18A/C/D Hornets in Combat *HERE!

File emailed to Microscale, waiting on order confirmation to put in the print queue.

8.5 x 11 inch sheet featuring 10 F/A-18A+, F/A-18C and F/A-18D aircraft from combat operations from 1997 to 2015

VMFA-232 F/A-18D ATARS WT-03 BuNo 165687 Operation Enduring Freedom, Kandahar, Afghanistan 2010

VMFA-232 F/A-18C WT-10 BuNo 165227 Operation Inherent Resolve 2015

VMFA-115 F/A-18A+ VE-207 BuNo 163167 Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Air Base, Iraq 2008

VMFA-115 F/A-18A+ VE-211 BuNo 163162 Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Air Base, Iraq 2008

VMFA-251 F/A-18C AB-400 BuNo 164964 Operation Inherent Resolve, USS Roosevelt 2015

VMFA-251 F/A-18C AB-406 BuNo 164902 Operation Inherent Resolve, USS Roosevelt 2015

VMFA-142 F/A-18A+ MB-212 BuNo 162469 Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Air Base 2005

VMFA-142 F/A-18A+ MB-214 BuNo 162398 Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Air Base 2005

VMFA(AW)-225 F/A-18D CE-01 BuNo 165684 Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Air Base 2008

VMFA(AW)-533 F/A-18D BM-401 BuNo 164866 Operation Deliberate Guard, Aviano Air Base, Italy 1997

Sized for the Kinetic F/A-18. An addendum sheet is included with tail markings for VMFA-232 to fit the Hasegawa kit

and the remaining MARINES, intake warning chevrons and national insignia.

There are enough intake warning chevrons, national insignia, exhaust and cockpit warning placards to build all 

10 options.

My sincere thanks to the Marines of VMFA-232, VMFA-115, VMFA-251, VMFA-142, VMFA(AW)-225 and VMFA(AW)-533, 

as well as Andy Walker of the RAF for their assistance with reference photos and notes on these aircraft.

Profiles will be posted within the next couple of days.

FL48009_F-18_ACD_in_Combat.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof
7 minutes ago, Charlie D. said:

Very cool! Any plans at any point to do any of the Midway aircraft from Desert Storm? I know they aren't the most exciting schemes...

The next sheet is all Marine Hornets from Desert Storm. Sorry, but I only cover Marine Corps aircraft in the decal line.

14 minutes ago, tomcatfan said:

Great news. I have been waiting to build a Marines jet in combat. When and where will this sheet be available. 

Should be approximately 6 weeks give or take. I'll have it up on my site soon. Spruebrothers, Hannants, Platz and rebelalpha on Ebay will have them as well.

Though not my scale, this is a lovely looking decal sheet Dave. I might actually be persuaded to build a post Vietnam era aircraft if a 72nd sheet comes out. 

Still hoping that some day, 72nd decals for a Vietnam era VAQ-132 EA-6B will appear . The same for VAQ-134 and VAQ-131, all three on the same sheet ? Yeh! I know that's just being damned greedy.

It would be rather nice if someone did a sheet for the EA-6A, that would be a must have.

Peter

Edited by Blackfordhibby
Forgot to finish the post.
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, Dave Roof said:

The next sheet is all Marine Hornets from Desert Storm. Sorry, but I only cover Marine Corps aircraft in the decal line.

VMFA-314 and 333?

On 8/24/2018 at 4:29 PM, Stephen said:

VMFA-314 and 333?

All seven squadrons will be covered. F/A-18A's from VMFA's 314, 333, and 451, F/A-18C's from VMFA's 212, 232, and 235 and F/A-18D's from VMFA(AW)-121. Three aircraft from each for a total of 21 options. 

These sheets look fantastic and I'm very interested, as I have had a Hasegawa D in the stash for a long time and I've been unsure exactly what to do with it. However, I've searched and tried everywhere on the site, and I cannot seem to find pictures of the profiles, except for the VMFA-225 aircraft used as the banner on the home page of the site. Am I missing something?

Edited by Mfezi
14 hours ago, Mfezi said:

These sheets look fantastic and I'm very interested, as I have had a Hasegawa D in the stash for a long time and I've been unsure exactly what to do with it. However, I've searched and tried everywhere on the site, and I cannot seem to find pictures of the profiles, except for the VMFA-225 aircraft used as the banner on the home page of the site. Am I missing something?

I've just had several projects going on all at once and haven't had a chance to add the profiles to the site. I'll have them by the middle of the week. 

9 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

I've just had several projects going on all at once and haven't had a chance to add the profiles to the site. I'll have them by the middle of the week. 

Thank you very much - I completely understand. I'm looking forward to it (and getting a set into my hands)...