Flying Leathernecks Decals FL48009 F/A-18A/C/D Hornets in Combat *HERE!

4 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I have a HASEGAWA A kit. Is that kit ok to use the VMFA-115 decals? Or do I need to upgrade to the Kinetic CF-18A kit?

The stripes on the tail of the 115 jets are sized to fit the Hasegawa kit. That part of the tail is slightly wider on the Hasegawa kit than it is on the Kinetic kit. As a result, it will fit the Kinetic tail perfectly with only a trimming of the decal needed (after being applied). 

7 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Just wondering if the new decals have shipped yet for anyone that purchased them?

Not yet.......If all goes as planned, they should start shipping tomorrow. I just sent the last sets of instruction sheets to the printer and should be able to pick them up tomorrow afternoon. The decals were received almost a month early from Microscale and it took me a few days longer than expected to get the placement guides finished. Hope the final product is worth the wait.

FL48009_Ordnance_Load_Chart_sheet_2.jpg

FL48009_Ordnance_Load_Chart.jpg

This is the last sheet. They were emailed to the printer earlier this afternoon and should be ready to pick up tomorrow afternoon along with the ordnance charts. I'll start packing and shipping tomorrow evening.

FL48009_Notes_sheet.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, picknpluck said:

@Dave Roof I'm building the Red Devil ATARS bird right now. I was curious if you knew whether or not this airframe had data stencils on it? The pictures I've found on Google aren't conclusive. Beautiful sheet, by the way!

Very few from what I was told by the plane captain. I included the most obvious (ejection, intake warnings, etc.) Adding any additional stencils would be entirely up to each modeler. 

Please send me photos of your build when it's done!

Dave

10 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Very few from what I was told by the plane captain. I included the most obvious (ejection, intake warnings, etc.) Adding any additional stencils would be entirely up to each modeler. 

Please send me photos of your build when it's done!

Dave

Thanks Dave, and will do!

On 10/25/2018 at 8:35 AM, picknpluck said:

@Dave Roof I'm building the Red Devil ATARS bird right now. I was curious if you knew whether or not this airframe had data stencils on it? The pictures I've found on Google aren't conclusive. Beautiful sheet, by the way!

Which ATARS conversion are you going to use, if I may ask? I'm in the process of gathering bits and pieces for a Red Devils ATARS also. I have the Blackbox set, the Attack Squadron one with a MAW nose, and the Wolf Pack set on the way. They all have their downside, but my plan so far is to use the Blackbox ATARS cockpit but use the Attack Squadron and MAW nose. I've read that the Wolf Pack nose is a touch smaller.

Duane

11 minutes ago, Falcon053 said:

Which ATARS conversion are you going to use, if I may ask? I'm in the process of gathering bits and pieces for a Red Devils ATARS also. I have the Blackbox set, the Attack Squadron one with a MAW nose, and the Wolf Pack set on the way. They all have their downside, but my plan so far is to use the Blackbox ATARS cockpit but use the Attack Squadron and MAW nose. I've read that the Wolf Pack nose is a touch smaller.

Duane

Duane,

I've had the Hasegawa F/A-18D kit along with the Back Box cockpit/ATARS nose in my stash since 2003.  Frankly, I couldn't be bothered to build this kit all these years until Dave released this decal sheet.  Around the same time, I saw the Model Art ATARS conversion kit, which I believe is Wolfpack's resin along with a masking set and decals.  I'm using the nose, dual chaff/flare buckets, landing gear doors, and masking set from the Model Art kit along with the Black Box cockpit.  I'm on the fence about which seats I'll use--both Black Box and Model Art provide SJU-17s that are pretty nice. The Model Art (Wolfpack?) nose is probably the best-fitting part of the entire model--and it comes with the bird slicer antennae molded on. The Black Box ATARS nose does not, nor does it come with clear parts for the camera ports (Model Art does contain these parts). 

66Gzntn.jpg

Edited by picknpluck

Oooo, thanks for posting the picture. It looks like the nose matches up better than I thought, I might go with the Wolfpack instead. My original plan required cutting my MAW nose, but since they are not made anymore it was going to be very risky cutting job. Keep going and posting!