Kitty Hawk 1/48 UH-1N Twin Huey

3 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

I doubt it.  That is a USAF 20th SOS (Spec Ops Sqrn) bird, not a USN bird.  

Just because there's a Navy bird on the front doesn't mean there couldn't be a USAF bird as an option? :dontknow:

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Belcher Bits makes a conversion......

CH-146 Griffon

Yeah I know, I have that conversion in the stash.    I just think it would be nice to have the full bird in nicely detailed styrene.  There are loads of possibilities for civil helos then. 

That’s what I’m curious to see, if this kit will be a base N Huey or the later modernized versions with the FLIR. If it is a base model then who does the upgrade sets for it will be interesting as well.

On 8/24/2018 at 12:58 AM, Parabat said:

Nice... It will be good if they include decals for this:

800px-UH-1N-5.jpg

Was this scheme not in the Heller rebox of the Italeri UH-1N? I think I have it in my stash. I picked it up after finding out that the Italeri moulds were leased to Heller. The Italeri UH-1N became like hen's teeth to find.

4 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Was this scheme not in the Heller rebox of the Italeri UH-1N? I think I have it in my stash. I picked it up after finding out that the Italeri moulds were leased to Heller. The Italeri UH-1N became like hen's teeth to find.

I did not know that the Heller box was the Italeri kit. Might be able to find that over here. 🤔

According to scalemates it appears Italeri might have been a 2017 rerelease of the kit as in the Sprue Brother has the kit and about 5 others international have the kit for sale. This kit has the two Italain, German and Marine rescue bird decals. A more base version then modern day UH-1N.

Italeri did indeed release a rebox of the UH-1N kit a few years back.  The ones i have are Italian 212 markings but it's all the same kit.  In fact, there are no 1/48 or 1/35 UH-1N kits currently on the market that are not based on the Italeri/Heller kit.  Just go to Ebay and put in  "1/48 UH-1N" and you'll get a bunch of hits. Some at decent prices.

Ray

Edited by rotorwash

I am SO excited about this, I can't wait, I am working on the 1-D right now converting it to a 205 for Conair Helicopters, and am chomping at the bit for this, I may have to buy multiples of this, I see Northern Mountain Helicopters, Canadian Helicopters, and Wildcat Helicopters at the every least, not to mention many more.......................... any word on when this may possibly hit the shelves??  This along with a NEW 206 from Italeri, my day is made !!!  I just hope it is a REAL 206 and not a chopped up hybrid Kiowa........

Jeff

12 hours ago, biggu said:

I am SO excited about this, I can't wait, I am working on the 1-D right now converting it to a 205 for Conair Helicopters, and am chomping at the bit for this, I may have to buy multiples of this, I see Northern Mountain Helicopters, Canadian Helicopters, and Wildcat Helicopters at the every least, not to mention many more.......................... any word on when this may possibly hit the shelves??  This along with a NEW 206 from Italeri, my day is made !!!  I just hope it is a REAL 206 and not a chopped up hybrid Kiowa........

Jeff

Ehhh???

One of these days, one of these days, SOMEONE will make the much overlooked AH-1G Cobra!!!  In 48th scale!!  Why in the world didn't Kittyhawk jump, with both feet, into the first COBRA????  What are they thinking?? (Probably because of the parts in common with the UH-1D/H??  Of which there's NOT any!!)

The AH-1G Cobra was the first, from design up, attack helicopter!!  Used extensively in Vietnam with TONS on marking to put on them!!  Kittyhawk Management needs parts of their anatomy thumped, numerous times, for this MISS!! Geesh!!

Why not a new UH-1C/M???  It soldiered on for years, as the ultimate Gunship, until finally replaced by the AH-1G!!

Get your STUFF together Kittyhawk!!!  Don't make me have to come in there!!  LOL!!

Bo

AND, two bladed helicopter models take-up much less room in ur display case than does their 4-bladed counterparts!! 

8 hours ago, jabow said:

One of these days, one of these days, SOMEONE will make the much overlooked AH-1G Cobra!!!  In 48th scale!!  Why in the world didn't Kittyhawk jump, with both feet, into the first COBRA????  What are they thinking?? (Probably because of the parts in common with the UH-1D/H??  Of which there's NOT any!!)

The AH-1G Cobra was the first, from design up, attack helicopter!!  Used extensively in Vietnam with TONS on marking to put on them!!  Kittyhawk Management needs parts of their anatomy thumped, numerous times, for this MISS!! Geesh!!

Why not a new UH-1C/M???  It soldiered on for years, as the ultimate Gunship, until finally replaced by the AH-1G!!

Get your STUFF together Kittyhawk!!!  Don't make me have to come in there!!  LOL!!

Bo

AND, two bladed helicopter models take-up much less room in ur display case than does their 4-bladed counterparts!! 

still waiting for the 1/35 Huey too,

What I am finding equally strange with Kittyhawk is they released the Huey D/H in 1/48 and are soon to release the Black Hawk family in 1/35 and now back to 1/48 for the UH-1N?? If we get all helos in both scales then happy days but unlikely. We may just get random choppers in random scales...