Hasegawa TryTool Micro Saw Blades

Okay, I saw someone else here using these to cut out vacuum formed parts from the backing sheet and found them on line.  These are Hasegawa TryTool micro saw blades and they are simply awesome!  I recently used them to trim / modify some plastic parts for a tribute model for a good friend.  They fit into any standard X-Acto small & medium size blade handle. R/ Dutch

001.JPG

Edited by Dutch
add content, correct spelling

Here is photo of one blade in the X-Acto handle. The outside edge, tip & inside edge are all cutting surfaces.  Only the shank embedded in the handle has no teeth.

002.JPG

Edited by Dutch
Add detail.

They are great aren't they. I've had an earlier version of the set for almost 20 years now. There's still a few of the saws that I have yet to removed from the metal sprue.

10 hours ago, Dutch said:

@Mstor,  20 years!  I was wondering how long the blade would remain sharp, but I have no fear now!  R/ Dutch

I think they were branded Tri-star branded back then (I need to check). Exactly identical to these TriTool ones. They're still as good as the day I bought them.

• 2 weeks later...

The middle one in the top row of the picture of the TP-4 set above is the one I regularly use to remove parts from sprues. Especially useful on delicate parts that would otherwise be damaged by a cutter or knife. It is constantly on my work surface, ready to be used. It has gotten a little bent over the years, but still serviceable.