Kinetic F-16s.... a call to Raymond.

Hi guys,

Sorry but this has been bothering me for some time now. I was just wondering how many Kinetic F-16s are in modeler's stashes that have the same mis/short moulded vertical fin as in my kits. I have had both the F-16DJ and the F-16F in my stash with the same short shot problem on the vertical fin. I even requested a replacement from Kinetic but it had the same exact problem. 

If you look at the vertical fin part with the pitot sensor, look below the pitot and many kits have almost the entire leading edge of the vertical stab missing. I just looked at another review in HS and behold, same exact problem. Initially I thought it was just flash and had to be removed but looking at Viper pictures, there is a narrow panel all along the fin leading edge. I love Kinetic models but the reoccurring problem on so many Kinetic F-16s is interesting. Maybe Kinetic is not even aware of this. How many of you guys have the same short shot fins?

Regards,

Pierre

10 hours ago, Pierre Sacha said:

If you look at the vertical fin part with the pitot sensor, look below the pitot and many kits have almost the entire leading edge of the vertical stab missing. I just looked at another review in HS and behold, same exact problem. Initially I thought it was just flash and had to be removed but looking at Viper pictures, there is a narrow panel all along the fin leading edge. I love Kinetic models but the reoccurring problem on so many Kinetic F-16s is interesting. Maybe Kinetic is not even aware of this. How many of you guys have the same short shot fins?

Hi Pierre,

Habu 2, above, has just beaten me to it. A good picture of the problema would be awesome, please.

I actually do have pictures that I sent when asking Raymond for a replacement. I will send them shortly.

Thanks Paolo, now I know why there is a kink on the bottom of the "spike" as in the Hasegawa kit - must be the lamp then.

In the meanwhile HERE is the HS image I was referring to. Just search for the sprue with the vertical stab parts and on the image you can see that the entire leading edge of the vertical stab is missing below the lamp spike.

Regards

Edited by Pierre Sacha

Dear Pierre 

as far far as I know the vertical tail has some small flash on the top of the vertical tail which make you feel the plastic is misses on the lower section. 

We have made some modification some years ago but due to the earlier tooling design, possible the fitting on the tool is starting to worn out, so excess plastic were flash out. 

My suggestion sand out the excess flash above. 

31 minutes ago, Pierre Sacha said:

Thanks guys, then I must have received two affected kits. Granted, they were early copies.

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre,

Drop the email info@kineticmodel.com, we can send you the replacement again.

The sprue has been reproduced since we established our own injection facilities, the latest production batch should have no problem. Possible the copy you have was produced sometimes by our own subcontractor.

Now that is great service! Thanks Raymond, I will take you up on that. It is only for one kit - the F-16F Block 60 - as the DJ has been built. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Pierre

Edited by Pierre Sacha
9 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

The sprue has been reproduced since we established our own injection facilities, the latest production batch should have no problem. Possible the copy you have was produced sometimes by our own subcontractor.

Interesting.  I went back and looked at some of the older releases I have and I did find similar problems on the older releases.

I had a look at my Polish F-16D Block 52+ and it has the same short shot on the V-Stab. I'll be sending Kinetic a service request to replace this part.

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers,

John