1/72 TAH-1G Finished

It has been a LONG time since I was able to post a finished build, but here's my AZ model TAH-1G.  I used the Brengun PE set as well as the decals from the Special Hobby kit.  I found them to me be much higher quality than the AZ decals.  The last photo shows it with the old Monogram kit I built a few years ago.   The base is an unpainted 1/48 PSP but I liked the black for contrast.

Ray

No automatic alt text available.

38 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

Ray, 

Ok, these two Cobras need to be entered in a contest.  Crisp work there Ray. Are u gonna use the base I made for you for them?

Oliver

Oliver,

Don't you remember, I used that beautiful base for the MQ-8C I gave to Bell.

Ray

Image may contain: 1 person

14 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Oliver,

Don't you remember, I used that beautiful base for the MQ-8C I gave to Bell.

Ray

Image may contain: 1 person

No I had forgotten...thats what happens when u sniff to much Tamiya glue...u forget things...lol

C'mon Ray...... I've learned here, through all the posts here, and a little personal experience, that you can paint an Army helo just about any way you want.  LOL, there are SO many weird combos of paint, colors, aged paint, crappy looking paint, etc.....  Man, I think you could paint a pink helo and you will be a-okay.

And I didn't mean the Screaming Mimi (or Screamin' Mimi?).  I didn't google fu the show.

2 minutes ago, BrittMac said:

C'mon Ray...... I've learned here, through all the posts here, and a little personal experience, that you can paint an Army helo just about any way you want.  LOL, there are SO many weird combos of paint, colors, aged paint, crappy looking paint, etc.....  Man, I think you could paint a pink helo and you will be a-okay.

And I didn't mean the Screaming Mimi (or Screamin' Mimi?).  I didn't google fu the show.

The funny thing is you think you kidding about the pink Huey!

Ray

Image result for pink UH-1

The other funny thing is that I KNEW that you would have a pic like that, and that you would educate us all.  Lol, you are a real library all on your own.  I didn't mean to play you like that, but, I did mean too!

Just now, BrittMac said:

The other funny thing is that I KNEW that you would have a pic like that, and that you would educate us all.  Lol, you are a real library all on your own.  I didn't mean to play you like that, but, I did mean too!

I must confess I pulled that one off the net.  I did know about it though from a post on Facebook a while back.  Here's the Youtube video of her taking off.  Looks like they are carrying Bambi buckets.  

Ray

9 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

These 2 Cobras look good.  I like the colorful trainer.  The Fire Scout is cool too.  I have thought of doing one as well.  Nice job on it.

Thanks, Gino.  I highly recommend the Fire Scout kit.  The rotorhead is a 3D printed work of art in 72.    Also, NO MASKING WINDOWS!

Ray