1/72 TAH-1G Finished

On 8/25/2018 at 8:42 PM, rotorwash said:

Oliver,

Don't you remember, I used that beautiful base for the MQ-8C I gave to Bell.

Ray

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: 1 person

what brand make this kit ??

Edited by CharlieUH-1H

Those are great Ray and I love the red areas as it is different than what you would normally see.. Did you post these pictures somewhere else? I seem to recall seeing them before and I I think I responded.

Also, those pink markings on that Blackhawk are cool. When will you have the opportunity to put pink on an aircraft other than a Spitfire? Looks like you don't even need to worry too much about decals as the numbers look hand painted.

Edited by skyhawk174
3 hours ago, huey_crew_chief said:

I like the exhaust stains Ray.  How did you do that?

I use pastel sticks form Hobby Lobby. I have a set that has lasted as long as i've been in the hobby and will probably be around when I'm gone.  I's a set of earth tones and black and grays.  I just scrape some off with an old hobby knife blade into a cup and apply dry with an old brush.  I try to mix back plus several dark grays to give it a realistic look.  I also learned not to spray clear on it afterwards as it really dulls it back.  Yes, it can come off on your hands if you aren't careful, but it looks much more realistic.  Also, it goes down well on matte finishes, not so much on gloss.

Ray

1 hour ago, skyhawk174 said:

Those are great Ray and I love the red areas as it is different than what you would normally see.. Did you post these pictures somewhere else? I seem to recall seeing them before and I I think I responded.

Also, those pick markings on that Blackhawk are cool. When will you have the opportunity to put pink on an aircraft other than a Spitfire? Looks like you don't even need to worry too much about decals as the numbers look hand painted.

Thanks.  I posted it on Scale Rotors as well.

Ray

On 8/28/2018 at 10:02 PM, rotorwash said:

AHHHHH, blastphemy.  Get those Hawks off my Cobra page!😏

Ray

The above is sarcasm lest anyone take me seriously!

No way, you've been hawked Ray!!! 

Get it? Hawked-(hacked)

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench