First vietnam era jet pilot by Reedoak

Hi

So the first testshot of reedoaks vietnam/post vietnam intruder pilot, that could also be a crusader pilot, or a corsair II pilot...
 APH-6C helmet under arm,  K-2B flight suit, mk 2 G-suit, MA-2 seat harness, SV-2B survival vest, Mk-3C life preserver...

18082812272223927215866121.jpg

and here talking with our helicopter pilot
18082812272523927215866123.jpg

cheers
Norbert

Nicely done.  One comment is that he has the leg restraints used on Martin Baker seats, so that would leave out the A-7, unless one wanted to modify the figure.

Regards,

Murph

figures are very nice, yet the figures are in the "newbee" class. A month or so later they'll look different. Make one with the M1 handlebar mustache as that became a right of passage on your third month. I used to be in and out of Chu Lai and Danang on occasion for a PX visit (MAG13?), and saw them all the time.

Wouldn't a good F4b pilot be included with this group?  Can an F105G crew be not far away?

love your work

gary

For the F-105G crew, about everything is different from the flight suit to the parachute harness, etc.

For the F-4B crew, there are many similarities, but I never saw a vietnam era F-4 pilot picture with a dual visor helmet.

All projects for the future.

BTW, It's not very obvious to notice, but the A-6 pilot has a thin moustache...

cheers

Norbert

6 hours ago, norbert said:

For the F-105G crew, about everything is different from the flight suit to the parachute harness, etc.

For the F-4B crew, there are many similarities, but I never saw a vietnam era F-4 pilot picture with a dual visor helmet.

All projects for the future.

BTW, It's not very obvious to notice, but the A-6 pilot has a thin moustache...

cheers

Norbert

wow! I had two or three photos taken out front of either the MAG10 or MAG13 PX, but have not seen them in forty plus years.  Your right about the F105 crews. Look like a different air force from a different country. Still the guy with the F105 patch got an automatic trip to the front of the line! I remember that in Cam Rhon Bay while waiting in a long line to get back to Chu Lai. These two guys walked up to the back of the line, and it looked like Moses parting the waves!

I remember sending home a photo taken out front of a bunker south of Chu Lai. I had the little mustache, and my Mom sent me a rather nasty letter to get rid of it! I went from that one to the M1a1 handle bar. It was gone in a couple months as I'd done my right of passage. By the way we always to the trip to the front of the line at the PX, because we stunk so bad!

gary

Very nice looking.  But the K-2B flight suit was USAF issue during Vietnam (also used by the U.S. Army), not U.S .Navy.  A typical USN flight suit would have been the type CS/FRP-1.  Both dual visor and single visor APH-6s would be correct.  No MS-22001 oxygen mask is included?

Here are two APH-6 examples from my collection.  First is a VA-164 APH-6 with the "ram's horn" dual visor and MS-22001 mask:

vyOUBos.jpg

And a single visor APH-6 also with the MS-22001 mask

9HmqfEd.jpg

RqUQRFP.jpg

-Derek