F-5 E Tiger II AFV 1/48 "Flogger FAB"

51 minutes ago, SERNAK said:

Can't say that I don't love the F-5 but those rivets on the Academy's kit seem to 'pop-out' no matter from what angle you looking at it.

Apart from this observation about the kit itself, excellent build Alex!

It is a matter of the washing, I think. 

The kit is awesome and the build is really nice! The fit of the Aires pit is good, unlike the gun bay (afaik I remember).

It has its delicate areas: front and back fuselage connection and the nose, esp. the upper part: the engravings do not meet in the middle. The main landing gear is a bit fiddly to glue with all the very small stuff (the doors are fixed to the oleos). Alternatively the old Monogram kit has much more problem zones concerning fit and details, so...no real alternative. And the AFV Club kit is the best in 1/48 on the market! I like it!

Beautiful Build! Like it a lot.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:36 AM, Janissary said:

What a beautiful finish. The photography is top notch too. Does it go together well? Any problem areas to note? I really want to build this kit but don’t know if it is an easy build. 

The only problem I encountered when I built mine was the fitting of the gun bay doors, but the rest was pretty smooth.

Regards,

Tato. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice painting and pictures.

Interesting scheme, it looks to me like a modified Flogger scheme like the one applied to US Aggressor squadrons but with Brazilian roundels.

Since we are in the Critique corner, note that the engine louvres on the side should be closed when the engine is off. Just a detail on an otherwise very nice model 😉

On 10/22/2018 at 12:45 AM, toniosky said:

Very nice painting and pictures.

Interesting scheme, it looks to me like a modified Flogger scheme like the one applied to US Aggressor squadrons but with Brazilian roundels.

Since we are in the Critique corner, note that the engine louvres on the side should be closed when the engine is off. Just a detail on an otherwise very nice model 😉

These aircraft were acquired from USAF former Agressors aircraft. FAB kept the paint scheme until the first major scheduled service.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:47 AM, ArmouredSprue said:

These aircraft were acquired from USAF former Agressors aircraft. FAB kept the paint scheme until the first major scheduled service.

thanks for the info 😉

• 11 months later...

Hi Alex, excellent build!, i love the color and the finish. In my case i had a very difficult time to adapt the Aires gun bay in the space assigned due to the  wheel bay that is obstructing the way. Did you have the same issue?, i can i solve it?. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...