8 hours ago, 11bee said:

Want to get your Midway fix - read "Shattered Sword".   An absolutely wonderful book on the subject, focused heavily on the Japanese perspective.  

Image result for shattered sword book

Yes, it's a very good book. I highly recommend it as well.

The problem with movies like "Pearl Harbor" is that there's so much revisionist history and outright B.S. that younger people watch them and believe that's how it really was, totally missing the factual events. Entertainment is fine, but when this counts as how one learns history it's not that good. 

That's just my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Chriss7607 said:

Yes, it's a very good book. I highly recommend it as well.

The problem with movies like "Pearl Harbor" is that there's so much revisionist history and outright B.S. that younger people watch them and believe that's how it really was, totally missing the factual events. Entertainment is fine, but when this counts as how one learns history it's not that good. 

That's just my opinion. 

I remember seeing the preview for Pearl Harbor in the theaters, just before I left to serve my two-year LDS mission. I was SO EXCITED to see it, and SO BUMMED when I found out it came out like a month after I left. When I got home, it was one of the first movies I watched. I remember thinking...I waited TWO YEARS...FOR THIS??? 

Aaron 

On 8/31/2018 at 8:48 AM, 11bee said:

Want to get your Midway fix - read "Shattered Sword".   An absolutely wonderful book on the subject, focused heavily on the Japanese perspective.  

Image result for shattered sword book

An absolutely amazing book that cuts through a lot of the misconceptions about Midway. Highly, highly recommended. 

Dave