Buying basic modelling stuff in Hungary

Guys, if there is anyone out there in Hungary that can help out a struggling expat, I would appreciate your assistance!

Essentially I want to buy some hot lacquer thinners (cellulose thinners in the UK) that I can use to clean stuff and occasionally use as thinners. There are two stores (Obi and Praktiker) that have an array of different thinners but I have no way of telling which they are. Can you advise?

I also want some lacquer based paint, as opposed to enamels or acrylics. I need them to be able to set hard and be sandable relatively fast, which enamels and acrylics don't. I only need grey and black, any recommendations of brands would be appreciated.

Lastly, where can I get polester resin two part filler (Bondo, Holts P38, that type of thing)? Obi, Praktiker, Auchan and Tesco all have 'car' sections but none sell this (very surprising considering the way that they drive!)

Thanks in advance guys!

Les

6 hours ago, lesthegringo said:

I also want some lacquer based paint, as opposed to enamels or acrylics. I need them to be able to set hard and be sandable relatively fast, which enamels and acrylics don't. I only need grey and black, any recommendations of brands would be appreciated.

I think the only lacquer-based modeling paint in Europe is Mr Paint, produced in the northern neighbour Slovakia. You can order it straight from the manufacturer. It's the best paint I've ever used!

Rob