1/48 Revell PT-17 Stearman Review/Preview

1 hour ago, phantom said:

You should buy it, then build it for the Revell group build. Right here on ARC.

Actually I already have built it, and was in the next few days going to start posting the build videos for it. Don't know if it still qualifies for the group build, and I also can not get more photos of it as its now in a museum, my IPMS chapter did a contest and the wining Stearman kit got you a ride in one (N3188 seriously go look up the tail number 😄 ) and to have the kit go in a museum.

Revell really pulled out the stops and produced a SUPERB 1/48 kit of the PT-17 / N2S Stearman biplane.  It is a truly great kit and I agree that EVERYONE should buy and build at least one!

One thing to point out.  When doing their splendid research, they examined two restorations flying in the USA.  They copied EVERY detail down to the registration numbers (N65693 and N68837) on the tails and the modern electrical/radio panel (part 71) in the rear cockpit.  These are appropriate if you are building models of these modern day Stearman's, but not appropriate for WWII aircraft.

Remember most WWII Stearmans's had no electrical system or radio's installed.

C2j