And the model is done

2v2E1GGtFx9awpY.jpg

I had a frustrating time, the landing gear is beautifully detailed, lots of tiny parts. I kept dropping parts, knocking things over,  and trying to trim microscopic sprue attachment points from microscopic parts. One part was missing from the sprue, I think I bumped it  off the sprue at some point, and could not find it tonight. i got through it. 

It looks nice, I am happy with the model. 

I will take fancy pictures, and write a more thorough wrap up sometime this weekend or in the coming week.

Edited by Kurt H.

Here is a better picture

2v2Epf4Adx9awpY.jpg

There are more in the gallery.

Overall, I am happy with this model. I made a few mistakes, but I think it is better than my F-84. There is a lot to like about this kit. Even with open panels, and  major subassemblies with a lot of parts, alignment was easy, and the fit was very good. The surface detail is just right. The only thing what I really thought was lacking was the seat. 

I was especially impressed with the landing gear. Very well detailed, and lots of small parts to represent tiny details. This was also tricky to assemble, but the detail really makes it worth it.

Over all this kit was enjoyable to build. The Furball Decals were also very easy to work with. I am glad I finally got a chance to use a Furball decal set, I have collected many Furball sheets, but never got a chance to use one. 

That wraps up this group build for me. I hope you have enjoyed reading this thread, either as I built the model or 20 years from now.