Ready Room: Pre-build briefs go here!

Maverick: Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby.

Air Boss Johnson: Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

This thread is where you tell us what you're building... the kits, the decals, the aftermarket parts... and inspire other great builds as well.

I will build the AFV Club F-5E for this Group build.  Here is the box at midnight on 9/1

2v2Jyi9aix9awpY.jpg

I was advised this was the box to get since it had all the parts to build different variations.

I will use the Furball "Top Gun Tigers and Talons" sheet to build 160794, in two tone tan USMC markings

2v2Jyi9eDx9awpY.jpg

For whatever reason, I really like to build Marine Corps subjects, I have no connection to the Marines, no one in my family was a Marine, but it seems any time I meet a veteran they served in the Marines.

I'll be building Tamiya's wonderful 1/48 Tomcat as Top Gun #31.

tRVyjtS.jpg

I've got the kit along with Verlinden seats, and Steel Beach vinyl tail stiffeners, NACA vent and TCS pod. DEF Model wheels and the Aeromask set for this scheme are in the mail.

I just have to finish this one for the Revell/Monogram GB first.

r7V6HBQ.jpg

As of now, two F-5Fs, one for this GB using Furball decals, and one for the Revell GB.

Then a big butt 1/32 Tamiya Tomcat. Either the Iran #13 or Flanker #10.

Edited by phantom
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This will be my contribution to the TOP GUN Group Build. I had a look at my "Boneyard" and found forgotten in a corner this Italeri 1/72 F-5E, with the cockpit/seat probably placed in another and no decals. Nonetheless, I will have a look in my decals' stash to see if I can find a Microscale sheet or, if nothing comes up I'll have a look at Ebay.

Good luck with your builds guys.

DSCN6790.jpg

• 2 weeks later...