1/48 Trumpeter AS365 Dauphin, which boxing?

Hi all, looking at purchasing one of the Trumpeter AS365 kits in 1/48 in order to build N3 version. What is the closest out of the three available boxes or do all have the same contents, one thing I definitely need is the rescue hoist. I'll be swapping out  the tail rotor/tail with the Fireball version and replacing the main blades.

image.jpeg.67960e3e7ca93a9cd8c3c1ba648f98a9.jpeg

image.jpeg.1b990d6c6cc65a74a307c46c3d15ec3b.jpeg

image.jpeg.e153479def6334d922b5c0848694c2b5.jpeg

Ok just seen that the Fireball set is long oop and probably unavailable anywhere. Doh!!!

Edited by scotthldr

Just found that Kitty Hawk do a Harbin Z9 with 3 different sub variants. Looking at the sprues on line would I be correct in saying that this would be a better kit to build a AS365N3, certainly looks more detailed than the Trumpeter kit, but not sure if a rescue hoist is included.

Hi Scott,

The Trumpeter kits all have the first type (and smallest) fenestron: to build an N-3- version out of it would require a completely new tail. All three Trumpeter kits have a hoist, but it is very rudimental. I cannot remember if the KH Dauphin (which does have the proper tail for a newer N- version) had a hoist included.

Also: the Dauphin came with different types of hoists. Afaik the USCG operated the type which had one large 'bent' strut that carries the hoist mechanism. The other hoist type has three struts that carry the mechanism. 

Build- wise: the Trumpeter Dauphins have rudemental shape and interior but build quick. Detailing is up to the modeller. The KH has a complex parts break up, an overload of extra bits and pieces and then logically fitting issues.

:cheers:

Gertjan

On the KH kit, you will need to remove about 1 mm on the bottom of the back cabin wall, and it builds straight. Otherwise, you hit alignment issues when you try to fit the turbine housings and the roof