A-1J Skyraider, Tamyia 1/48th scale

ot more painting done....

The belly got covered...

IMG_4190_zpsctecuyzu.jpg

MAsked and painted the are behind the armorplate.

IMG_4191_zpstm8zot21.jpg

Masked the prop tips and painted black.

IMG_4192_zpskpvnpt2r.jpg

And then I masked around the hub and pain ted white aluminium and a red cap to match the wheels..

IMG_4193_zpsywvcpvtx.jpg

MAsked and painte dthe arrestor hook.

IMG_4194_zpscfuvhqsl.jpg

Then I put the engine into the cowling.

IMG_4195_zps2tvggm6k.jpg

Nice with a prop there as well 😄

IMG_4196_zpsgcw7pqvo.jpg

Probabbly more to come since I´m all alone this weekend, my better half and kids went to see their granny over the weekend....so ...I´m....all....ALONE!!!!!

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

:woot.gif: Another OOB project, Janne? The aftermarket industry is in panic! Concerns are that their stock shares are dwindling!

Your fix for the tape belts are superb! They look better than the aftermarketed ones - what an irony! :hmmm:

Thanx Doppelgänger 😄

yup...kind of relaxing but you just wait and see....there will be more insane projects in the future 😄

28 minutes ago, Phantom726 said:

SEA scheme looks fantastic. What brand of color did you use?

8 minutes ago, ma2-u said:

Holy crap!  You are speed builder!  I work at a glacial pace.  

The Spad is looking great.  Do you use enamels, lacquers or acrylics? 

Thanx Phantom726 and ma2-u 😄

I use Lifecolor acrylic paint.

A little update again 😄

I masked and painted the wheel wells...a little thought occured to me that Tamyia wanted the gear bay walls to be inserted before the wings were closed...putting then in now might prove interesting 😛

IMG_4197_zpspbivetzm.jpg

Did the antennas...missing the drop shaped base for the whip antennae by the canopy though and it isn´t represented in the instructions either...hmmm.

IMG_4198_zpsifcvya3e.jpg

Remembered to dip the canopy and windshield into future this time 😛 was the windhsield tinted on the Skyraider...I mean refraction tint from armor glass?

IMG_4199_zpsxt1mqhgh.jpg

Lastly I gloss coated the whole...thoroughly!

IMG_4200_zpsegy7hbam.jpg

Cheers!

We have decals!

So nice to have a kit without a gazillion stencils! Mucked up one decal on the prop tho 😕

IMG_4201_zpslojk3knu.jpg

IMG_4202_zpsi0mfulai.jpg

IMG_4203_zpskeja5ims.jpg

Then I masked the canopy and front window....

IMG_4204_zpsysichcxi.jpg

And painted....unfortunately this was before I know the windscreen should have been left unpainted at the front, it´s primed and painted so nothing to do now 😕

IMG_4205_zps50bribet.jpg

Added the tailswheel and hook...

IMG_4206_zpslljsqw5q.jpg

Next I was expekting the perfect storm since I didn´t follow instructions and did mot install the MLG bay walls untill I already had closed the wings...but they just popped into place very undramatically 😛

IMG_4207_zpslt459gsw.jpg

IMG_4208_zps71t0hss7.jpg

Might as well glue the MLGs in place

IMG_4210_zpsfxt2k9ew.jpg

YAY, it´s supported by its own wheels!!

IMG_4209_zpsvw9z0dlb.jpg

IMG_4211_zpsytubc8uz.jpg

Now it is time to weather the beast! 
Cheers!

4 hours ago, dustiepal said:

Looking really, really GOOD!! I have saved every picture from this build so far.

Dave

1 hour ago, kurnass77 said:

Wow Igore!

Gianni

Thanx Dave and Gianni 😄

unfortunately my computor is acting up.....may be a harddrive faliure 😕

We shall see when I get a new update done...

Edited by Aigore
1 hour ago, janman said:

I really like the camo. Never been a huge fan of pre-shading (of course not, I'm a brush painter. We *can't* do it! 😁), but you always manage to keep the effect subdued enough. A beautiful paintjob!

Thanx dear namesake 😄

There is preshade and there is preshade, my aim is to give depth and life to a flat surface not to highlight panellines and preshade is just one element in the whole process that doesn't end until tne final flat coat 😄

MY deskptop is acting up but luckily I have a small laptop to write updates on....though I hate using laptops :P

Anyways I´ve done some weathering.I made random chipmarks with this contraption made from sctottsbrite from a dish spongue and clamping tweezers. Then I made further chipmarks with a brush.
The chip marks were in either zinc chromate or bare metal..or both.

IMG_4212_zpsmjysf0ht.jpg

IMG_4213_zpsfsmrdego.jpg

After the chipping I made a panel wash in grey on the underside and dark brown on the top side.

IMG_4214_zpskhjyw3h7.jpg

Then I made dirt streaks and oilspill with pastelles and a make up sponge and soot marks with black pigments and sealed it all with a flat coat.

IMG_4215_zpsakvmyqer.jpg

IMG_4216_zpsgd90zccb.jpg

IMG_4217_zpspvaqy4oo.jpg

I´m not that happy with the prop weathering....I messed up a decal on the props and tried to hide it with weathering but I´m really bad at weathering props...any hints are welcome.

IMG_4218_zpsw5olrrao.jpg

After the flat coat I went back with pigments to make the two thick, oily and black exhaust streaks on the sides. I used a cotton swab dipped in white spirit to "clean" the exhaust streaks.

IMG_4219_zpskvsp9qy3.jpg

IMG_4220_zpslvjdvkbp.jpg

With the weathering done I unmasked the canopy and windshield, I am yet to make a new sight out of acetate so the canopy and winshield are only dry fitted. other than a wire antenna and a whip antenna
the spad is pretty much done and I have to start on the ordonance.

IMG_4222_zpsyfa04z8f.jpg

IMG_4223_zpsqseihpiz.jpg

IMG_4224_zpsxw3df6aq.jpg

IMG_4225_zpsko5cmbsl.jpg

On to the weapons then...

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore
11 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Beautifully done Aigore !! This went together really fast.

Steve

Thanx Steve 😄

still a few things left to do....but not cutting up the plastic in 7 kinds of ways saves time 😛