The Bandit Is Gone RIP Burt Reynolds

I always wanted a Trans Am Firebird like in Smokey and the Bandit:

Image result for smokey and the bandit

I had the Hot Wheels version in the 70's...still have it...its now in my Son's ever growing HW collection. I loved those movies!

RIP "Bandit"...thanks for the memories.

Don

I've owned several Trans Ams over the years, a 71 455HO, 74 SD455, 78 WS6 and a 79 WS6, and as much as I admired Burt/Bandit, he wasn't the inspiration for my Pontiac proclivity.  I blame Herb Adams for that...

A couple of pics of my '79 TA, taken on the Hot Rod Power Tour a couple of years ago.  I hope to take it on a Bandit Run one of these days.   I am the original owner, original paint, ~21k original miles. Parked in my garage right now, will have owned it 40 years this coming February.

Here's to you Burt.  :salute:

vR4Op6U.jpg

1PekOKe.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Actually the CB craze was prior to the series.

If it didn't start it, it no doubt contributed.

Back in 1979, my wife and I worked in theatre and we delivered a show to Bert's dinner theatre in Jupiter. The theatre put us up in a condo for the night. The star of the show was Bobby Morse and he was given a Bandit badged Trans Am to drive for the duration of the show's run. I don't think it was the original but it may have been. 

On 9/7/2018 at 4:27 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Actually the CB craze was prior to the series.

Yeah, CW McCall's song Convoy (1975) probably had more to do with it than anything else.