"Pink Team!" OH-6A and AH-1G in 1/72

Hello gentlemen!

I think many of you have read Hugh L. Mills Jr.s book "Low Level Hell" and enjoyed it as I did. So I used the opportunity of the German Modeller Forum www.modellboard.net and built a 1/72 scale "Pink Team" in our unofficial Vietnam-GB.

The kits are the Italeri OH-6A and the Revell AH-1G, with decals of ther (crappy) MasterCraft Cobra. I used those decals because they depict "Squatter Swatter", the Cobra that was flown by Hugh Mills favorite "Gun-pilot", Dean Sinor (and apparently Hugh flew this specific Snake during his last tour in Vietnam). So I was able not just to depict two representatives of a typical "Pink Team", but a pair that actually flew together!

So, I will spare you more details and show you the models instead. If you have any questions, I´m happy to answer them.

7MPh1ct.jpg

The Loach:

ZXS7FKL.jpg

FPmZ2ym.jpg

The Snake:

brwrt9k.jpg

HfgCM33.jpg

Details:

WHI0y8X.jpg

OkTd2v2.jpg

nyBgerO.jpg

uF2a9vU.jpg

YUCQVrD.jpg

hLn2UZm.jpg

1UeFCB0.jpg

32PkyVS.jpg

NWQq1bS.jpg

j44VtrK.jpg

Vil3XnL.jpg

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.

Are these choppers fighting ants in the garden?     Say, this Cobra appears much larger than the Loach.  Both are on my to-do list...I have the hobbyboss vietnam cobra, way too many parts...ridiculous.

more than 200 Cobra's got lost in the vietnam war...wow...