1:72 Italeri UH-1N Twin Huey

Hello everyone :)

After longer absence i am publishing my newest work-1:72 UH-1N Twin Huey, USS Tarawa, Operation Desert Storm. I made it extremaly fast-3,5 week. Propobly i will give it to one of my workmates.

Parts match in about 90%, except cargo bay doors. You need to make bigger holes for windows, because they are way to small (both of them-those in smaller and bigger cargo doors). I am giving this clue because US Navy Italeri packing is out of production, but parts are repacked in other colour schemes by Italeri and other producers. Good news is that the Kittyhawk is planning to US Navy's UH-1N in 1:48 scale.
I painted it in oil chemicals from Humbrol and ModelMaster.

2 big issue which i had:

-problem with installing glass parts with Clearfix and Micro Crystal Clear. Both of them are very thick and when i am using them, they are causing some bad marks on model surface which sometimes is very hard to remove. Anyone had similar problem?

- i wanted to make very glossy surface, but after 3-4 layers of Humbrol Acryl i gave it up and failed. Which gloss varnish is giving the most gloss surface close to real one? My base coat was Humbrol 30 (very flat...)-maybe that was the problem?

761ouyG.jpg
GS1ppwW.jpg
No4qbSX.jpg
tCMjgDC.jpg
YUGSfYX.jpg
oN9CuZK.jpg
uRtyeaS.jpg

I am waiting for all (bad and good) comments :)

Nice build!!! Imho the finish is just fine.

I mostly build civil models, and I would be more than happy with your gloss finish; especially on small scale models the finish can be too glossy, giving the model a toy- like appearance.

:cheers:

Gertjan

Nice Huey, I love the antenna!

I can recommend white glue for the clear parts, it dries clear and without damaging the parts and can be removed very easy if you´re not happy with the first result.

HAJO

Yeah, that's the kit I have in my stash, I hope to make it a civil bird, one that flies forest fires locally.....so unfortunately the Military decals won't work too well... the after market guys make some decals, but not a lot of variety out there , it is getting better though....

5 hours ago, biggu said:

Yeah, that's the kit I have in my stash, I hope to make it a civil bird, one that flies forest fires locally.....so unfortunately the Military decals won't work too well... the after market guys make some decals, but not a lot of variety out there , it is getting better though....

Same here Biggu! Civil decals are on the rise. Sometimes I manage tot print my own.  

:cheers:

Gertjan

• 3 weeks later...