8 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Ok being from Green Bay and after watching the game against the Bears tonight I needed to start a post here. I will state Aaron Rodgers is freaking amazing. 

Hey!  Current GB resident here!  The game was so exciting we actually let our daughter stay up to watch the whole game.  Rodgers might have hurt his knee but the rest of us were on the verge of a heart attack!

Eric

Edited by echolmberg
3 hours ago, echolmberg said:

Hey!  Current GB resident here!  The game was so exciting we actually let our daughter stay up to watch the whole game.  Rodgers might have hurt his knee but the rest of us were on the verge of a heart attack!

Eric

Still hoping we will see a GB vrs NE Superbowl.   I'd love to see both QB's go up against each other. Should be one for the ages.  

Mixed feelings about the whole NFL lately. And it is NOT AT ALL about the political s...show going on. 

I route for the Steelers, but over the past few years I've noticed it is taking so much of my time! With the busy work week and two little kids, it is becoming impossible to sit alone or with friends to watch the game on Sunday afternoons. Once I am in it, I want to follow the whole NFL, so MNF, TNF etc. intrigues me (another time drain).

I recently tuned out the one sports radio channel I have in my car so now unless I sit in front of the tv or actively follow NFL.com, I am ignorant of what is going on. So far so good. But if the Steelers manage to pack a few wins in a row, I am fairly sure I will be back to it. I'm weak. 

Anyway, just being a debbie downer I know, but looking for a way to escape it a little. Why am I posting this, I don't know...

As a Bears fan, I was both excited and slightly disappointed in the opener.  I despise anything Green Bay, but I do respect Aaron Rodgers.   I think our defense will become the Monsters of Midway once again, Khalil Mack is a beast and it looks like Roquan Smith is going to be a star too.  Biggest question mark is Mitch Trubisky.  I am for the first time in a while excited for NFL, usually it's just college for me.  

tenor.gif?itemid=4783226

Edited by eraucubsfan

Bears fan from Germany...

Rodgers is unbelievable and what he did was awesome, but the inability of the Bears staff to adjust to the Packers in the second half was also unbelievable.

AND to throw the ball at 3rd and 1 with such a RB and then kick the FG on 4th was pure shi...

If you lead with six and GB scores a TD your done, if you lead by three and GB scores a TD your done...so why kick that damn FG!?!? Sure they might have stopped them for a FG at the end, but than you would still have OT.

Still...The team looks much improved and I couldn't believe what happened in the first half.

DA BEARS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else not feeling it for football?  I just can't get into this year.   I think I watched 15 minutes of games yesterday.  Previous years, the TV was on from 1PM until I went to bed.   It's not because of the "knee thing" or even because the Patriots suck.   Just have next to no interest in the game.  

On the plus side, I find myself actually spending Sunday's with my wife and kids. 

Used to be a long time season ticket holder and walked away from it a few years ago. I haven't been to a game nor watched a game on TV since (including the SB's). Zip, zero, zilch.  Don't miss it one bit...and from what little I do read about it on the sports sites I haven't missed much. More time to spend with the wife and kids and doing stuff that I truly enjoy.

Regards,

Don