ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1/48 - MiG-25RB/RBS "Foxbat-B/D" by Kitty Hawk - box art - release 2018 ?

nice boxart, but i was "more" *expecting* a MiG-25PU or RU instead from them.

Seems the market is being flooded with Mig-25s. ICM already has a bunch of Mig-25s out. I didn't hear good things about Kitty Hawk's earlier Mig-25 release.

39 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Seems the market is being flooded with Mig-25s. ICM already has a bunch of Mig-25s out. I didn't hear good things about Kitty Hawk's earlier Mig-25 release.

Two kits counts as "flooded"? (not including the old Revell kit for many obvious reasons) We have vastly different definitions of flooded market then.

And really, there is no good reason to expect this kit will be better than the atrocious MiG-25PD/PDS from them so in reality there is only one option for now and that is ICM kits.

1 hour ago, Berkut said:

Two kits counts as "flooded"? (not including the old Revell kit for many obvious reasons) We have vastly different definitions of flooded market then.

there are currently 4 ICM kits and one Revell Germany listed on hobbyeasy

I count all Kitty Hawk and all ICM kits as one kit each. I am well aware that ICM has a number of boxings with different versions. But for all intents and purposes whatever boxing you pick of ICM the kit is the same in terms of quality and accuracy and basically same kit. Same will likely be true for Kitty Hawk boxings, unless they do a completely new tool for this kit and very seriously reconsider their approach to accuracy and attention to detail.

Edited by Berkut

28 minutes ago, dylan said:

Revell is a repack of ICM, unless they're still selling the old kit, as well as not mentioned Hasegawa. 

Edited by Helmsman

49 minutes ago, dylan said:

That's how I counted them. Yes, they are reboxings with different parts, but to me they are different kits as they model different versions. Six of one, half a dozen of the other :dontknow:

An RBS version is new to the mix. I just think there are so many other subjects that want modeling. I guess, though, its easier to rebox an existing kit with new parts and decals than to make a new kit from scratch.

39 minutes ago, Helmsman said:

Revell is a repack of ICM, unless they're still selling the old kit, as well as not mentioned Hasegawa. 

According to Scalemates, the last boxing of the Revell PD was in 2010. Still lots of the available on eBay.

Maybe KH will be reboxing the ICM kit????

That aside, it will be interesting to see the kit reviews once it is released, especially after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over their PD/PDS kit. 

I am learning the value of patience, thanks to AMK!

KH has never in their history reboxed any kits, so it is unlikely they will start now.

22 hours ago, Helmsman said:

I have the Revell of Germany MiG-25 RBT and it is indeed ICM's kit with, according to many, a new nose to make up for the incorrect nose the initial release of the ICM kit comes with,

3 hours ago, Berkut said:

KH has never in their history reboxed any kits, so it is unlikely they will start now.

Strictly tongue-in-cheek, I can assure you.

But Kitty Hawk...? :doh: What was wrong about the belly on their PD/PDS kit? Have they fixed it on this version? At least is not the awful forward fuselage/radome on this one.

Are the undercarriage legs still reinforced by a metal wire inside? That was a good feature on the PD/PDS kit, I've got to recognise.

Good riddance, I say.

Onigiri

Interesting that in the linked picture of the RBT above ^^^ you can see the symbol/logo on the intake side painted out while on the KH box art its shown still adorning the AC. Cool looking machine though. Personally, I would much rather have had AMK continue on with sorely needed Russian/Soviet subjects after their Mig-31 kit(s) instead of their seemingly never ending F-14 saga/drama. I hope once they finally get their Tomcat released that they go back to doing more non-U.S aircraft (but that's just me). Imagine an AMK Mig-25 family!

As it stands now ICM is the way to go for a 1/48 Mig-25 yes? Thanks.

Regards,

Don

The ICM kits are great but the cantilever legs could do with some brass Aerocraft replacements.

Agree with Don. Would love AMK and ICM to do more Eastern European jets and put out an accurate and detailed 1/48 Su-15 Flagon family. 

Tony 

On 9/13/2018 at 1:29 PM, Don said:

Imagine an AMK Mig-25 family!

Based on AMK F-14 research and development time frame I dont think we will live that long to see the release of AMK MiG-25's. Not a whole family but even the first of them!

Best regards

Gabor  

Indeed Gabor, having watched how the AMK F-14D has unfolded I am a tempering my excitement for any new Mig from them within the next two or three years (...or more). Maybe some other company will surprise us with one instead!

Regards,

Don

EDITED: My reading comprehension was deficient before coffee...post duly amended.

Edited by Don

I'm hoping Tanmodel, another newcomer, start doing some of their promised kits: Buccaneer, Sea Flanker, Habu, Aardvark etc

Tony 

Glen Coleman said on Facebook that it will have new molded parts. Floggerman is right, KH boxart show an RBT not RB/RBS!!!!! The aircraft even has the same bord number and decals like the first ICM release....

I have the info from ICM that they will make a MiG-25PU in 1/48 as well. But an MiG-25 family from AMK would be a dream!

5 hours ago, Don said:

Lets hope Gabor!

You might want to re-read his post.

20 minutes ago, MoFo said:

You might want to re-read his post.

Doh! You'd be correct.