second intruder/crusader type pilot by Reedoak

Hi,
Here is the second intruder/crusader type US Navy pilot from the 70s/80s with APH-6C. Looking at the pose, it was decided to make a separate mask and gloves, that can also be joined to the helmet.
18091101584123927215887587.jpg

18091101584023927215887586.jpg

18091512002923927215893781.jpg

cheers
Norbert

norbert we are not acquainted, but let me say in capital letters that this is a true masterpiece!

how were you able to make head/helmet with such fine tolerances that they can fit one ino the other so perfectly?!!!

great!

best ciaos, bobo.

7 hours ago, Bobo1953 said:

norbert we are not acquainted, but let me say in capital letters that this is a true masterpiece!

how were you able to make head/helmet with such fine tolerances that they can fit one ino the other so perfectly?!!!

great!

best ciaos, bobo.

Hi Bobo, I can do them fitting together, but it is not the case here. The helmet alone with the inside and the guy with the helmet are  different scans, and that, only to have the chin strap at the right position

cheers

Norbert

1 hour ago, Piker38 said:

These figures look superb, but I'm rubbish at painting faces......... I'd love to see some more 'visor-down figures.

Hi

Here is an introduction to a simple way to paint figure faces https://www.facebook.com/pg/reedoakmodels/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1990822204292417

If you do not have FB, scroll down, you will have the pictures and the text

cheers

Norbert

Man.... that is NICE! I have no idea what model that I would put this figure with, but I may have to get one just because its so well done! Like others, I'd love to see some Vietnam era pilots as well. Beautiful work! Fred K.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:57 AM, eraucubsfan said:

Not to change subjects, but have you or would you consider doing Blue Angel Pilots?  There are no good ones out there that I am aware of that are accurate.  Whether they are in the cockpit or maybe signing autographs it would be awesome! 

Seconded.  With the added plea for Thunderbirds pilots from all eras without G suits. 

Rick L.

30 minutes ago, Spruemeister said:

Seconded.  With the added plea for Thunderbirds pilots from all eras without G suits. 

Rick L.

Looks llike they have specific flight-suit, now where to find one...

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, txag07 said:

What scale is this? 1/48’or 1/32? 

pictures shows the 1/32 pilots, but they are available in 1/32, 1/35, 1/48 and 1/72 scale at www.reedoak.com

Norbert, Most of the VAL-4 guys never wore the G-suit, your picture shows an OV-10D from what looks like VMO-2. Both would work, but also need boom mike and T-style bayonet holders for the O-2 mask, but usually no mask.

I agree most of the Bronco pilots on the pictures I saw do not wear g-suits. BTW, additional ref pictures are welcome. the picture shows also a type LPA-2 or later LPU life preserver.

Anyway, they are differences between the intruder pilot and the bronco pilot, even if they look same.

Thank you for directing me to your website. Your products look pretty good and I plan on ordering a few figures in the next few weeks.  That being said, I notice that you made individual items for the pilots as well, such as gloves, helmets bags, etc... Do you think you will be making or can you make a 1/48th scale US Naval aviation flight harness that can be made to hang from a missile rail or boarding ladder?

12 hours ago, txag07 said:

Thank you for directing me to your website. Your products look pretty good and I plan on ordering a few figures in the next few weeks.  That being said, I notice that you made individual items for the pilots as well, such as gloves, helmets bags, etc... Do you think you will be making or can you make a 1/48th scale US Naval aviation flight harness that can be made to hang from a missile rail or boarding ladder?

A there are different harness for the different planes, so, which airplane, which time-frame ? Do you have some ref pictures ?