What are the best kits of WWII Italian aircraft in 1/32?

Howdo,

I have always had an interest in Italian military aircraft of WWII and have decided to look into some kits. To this end, what are the best, or rather most accurate, WWII miliary aircraft available in 1/32 (if any)?

I've had a look at a few on-line reviews but they don't provide too much insight into accuracy. I see kits have been/are being produced by 21st Century, Craftworks, ID Models, Silver Wings, Pacific Coast, Special Hobby, and others? I'm not too bothered about minute details - they can be corrected, added or taken away. I'm more interested in those kits that have an overall accuracy for shape, dimensions, etc.

Any input will of course be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Grazie molto

Feisty

• 1 month later...

1/32 scale WW2 aircraft kits are few and far between, I am no expert to comment on how accurate they are but if you can find them the PCM kits are probably the best and most plentiful ones. There is also Special Hobby's lone G50.

However the PCM kits are challenging to build.

I personally like the 21st Century kits but they are not the most accurate kits in the world and are quite toy like, but can be build into some fine models.

Have a look on Large Scale Planes you will find some builds on there https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/

Cheers

Dennis

While not Italian designed aircraft, Italy did fly aircraft manufactured by other nations in World War II. For example the Bf-109:

Related image

There are some excellent 1/32 109's as well as decals available for Italian versions. Again, not Italian designs but still flown by Italians. Might be a start for a 1/32 collection.

Regards,

Don

• 2 weeks later...