KA Models F-15 Closed Exhaust without Turkey Feathers

All,

I just got my KA Models F-15 Closed Exhaust nozzles, courtesy of the 48ers (no affiliation, but wow, do they give great service)!  And... I honestly do not know what to say.  I am, literally, speechless.  I would never have guessed that parts like this for scale models were possible.  The photos I saw, which motivated me to get these things, don't do justice to these things, when you see them in front of your nose.  Incredible!  

I can only say that it will be scary to clip off the base blocks, and paint them, not to mention actually placing them on the airplane.  I cannot imagine that these exhausts can be very durable, but durability isn't the question here; accuracy is.  Just incredible!  And...I got a repeat customer rebate (not much, but unexpected, and really nice) from the 48ers.  Can you tell I'm excited about these parts??  

And, KA Models does a GREAT job in packaging these parts.  No 'wrapping in bubble wrap'.  Instead, the parts are in a plastic ziplock bag, sized just right, inside an interior cardboard box, which is further inside the outside KA box, which then came inside a much larger box (from the 48ers) that was stuffed with the big bubble cushions.  I had been concerned about whether the parts would make it through shipping unscathed.   I needn't have worried.

Edited by Curt B
30 minutes ago, Curt B said:

All,

I just got my KA Models F-15 Closed Exhaust nozzles, courtesy of the 48ers (no affiliation, but wow, do they give great service)!  And... I honestly do not know what to say.  I am, literally, speechless.  I would never have guessed that parts like this for scale models were possible.  The photos I saw, which motivated me to get these things, don't do justice to these things, when you see them in front of your nose.  Incredible!  

I can only say that it will be scary to clip off the base blocks, and paint them, not to mention actually placing them on the airplane.  I cannot imagine that these exhausts can be very durable, but durability isn't the question here; accuracy is.  Just incredible!  And...I got a repeat customer rebate (not much, but unexpected, and really nice) from the 48ers.  Can you tell I'm excited about these parts??  

And, KA Models does a GREAT job in packaging these parts.  No 'wrapping in bubble wrap'.  Instead, the parts are in a plastic ziplock bag, sized just right, inside an interior cardboard box, which is further inside the outside KA box, which then came inside a much larger box (from the 48ers) that was stuffed with the big bubble cushions.  I had been concerned about whether the parts would make it through shipping unscathed.   I needn't have worried.

So far as I can tell, their nozzles are VERY accurate.

The resin they are printed with seems to be pretty tough. I wouldn't want to man-handle them, but I think they will stand up to careful handling just fine. Now painting them is another story. since the actuator rods, or whatever they are called, are molded onto the exhausts, it will make painting different areas in different shades a bit of a challenge. Maybe we can get Lawrence (the owner) to explain how he painted the ones he has displayed on his website. They look very nice.

The F-14A and F-14B/B nozzles and burner tubes are works of art. They are totally worthy and a great piece of AM. I haven't seen a better PW exhaust out there, although the Eduard pieces are pretty close. The 3D resin material is tough (strong). I have no worries about the delicate parts breaking. I used to buy Aires, and they were a crapshoot. Rarely did I get a set that wasn't chipped or broken in the package. 

42 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

The F-14A and F-14B/B nozzles and burner tubes are works of art. They are totally worthy and a great piece of AM. I haven't seen a better PW exhaust out there, although the Eduard pieces are pretty close. The 3D resin material is tough (strong). I have no worries about the delicate parts breaking. I used to buy Aires, and they were a crapshoot. Rarely did I get a set that wasn't chipped or broken in the package. 

Absolutely correct Brian. I had never seen an Aires set without broken parts. KA pieces are very promising! 

2 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Can't wait to use them with the sheet I ordered from ya Brian, things are looking very promising!

1 hour ago, EagleAviation said:

Absolutely correct Brian. I had never seen an Aires set without broken parts. KA pieces are very promising! 

Frankly said, I have received one of KA's exhaust nozzles with broken part.
So I think nobody's perfect.

1 minute ago, Solo said:

Of course not! It may happen. Its just that Aires guys don't pay much attention to packaging and usually you end up with broken parts. Especially control sticks in cockpit sets or canopy breakers on ejection seats. 

6 hours ago, Solo said:

Well, as afraid as I was to open the box (uncertain of what I might find), I found my exhausts 100% intact.

@Solo: have you contacted KA (or your distributor) for a replacement, or can you fix it?

Edited by Curt B