Meng M1A1 Christmas Edition

The kit is of an M1A2 SEP Abrams from about 2010-11 in Iraq.  The TUSK parts are only used in combat, so only in Iraq as no M1A2s were/are deployed to A'stan.

The latest version of Abrams is the M1A2 SEP v2.  It has a remote weapons station on the turret as opposed to the TC's .50 cal., along with a few other changes.

m1a2-sep-USA.jpg

Dragon and Acadmy both have M1A2 SEP v2 kits available.

Dragon

cyvch3556_0.jpg?v=1421216371

Academy, incorrectly showing TUSK II on it.  I guess it is on a fictional, future battlefield as no M1A2 SEP v2 tanks have worn TUSK in anger.  TUSK has only been applied to M1A2 SEP v2 tanks in training scenarios.  The boxtop is also missing the Commander's Independant Thermal Viewer (CITV) on the turret where the spare roadwheel is.  This is one of the key features that make it an M1A2.  The parts inside the box are correct though.

s-l1600.jpg

DEF Models also makes a conversion set to convert an M1A2 SEP into a SEP v2.

m1a2-sep-v2-conversion-set-for-dragon-13

No clue on the POTUS figure.

Edited by HeavyArty

I'm gonna get a good one someday....I picked up the old ESCI 1980s one for

$6.99.....something to get the juices flowing.....spending way too much time

doing "wing things". Hows Flyhawk? Heard they are very well done and accurate.

I also need to get back to my1/35 Tamiya Panther G steel wheels build.---John

Why not?  It is a novelty they think will sell.  Other companies have done Putin and other modern leaders.  All sorts of companies have done historical leaders as well.

No personal idea on the quality of Flyhawk as I have never builte one of their kits.  Below is a build review of it from Armorama.  It looks pretty nice.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=13312

Edited by HeavyArty