Aires cockpit for Hasegawa 1/48 F-104C

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I plan to build (again) Hasagawa's lovely F-104C. I've never used the Aires cockpit set for this one and am curious as to the fit - i don't want to spend a week filing the thing down to size.

Further, does the Aires set include the steel frame on the inside of the canopy? It's missing in the kit itself and is such an obvious feature I feel it should be included.

Thanks all.

4 hours ago, serendip said:

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I plan to build (again) Hasagawa's lovely F-104C. I've never used the Aires cockpit set for this one and am curious as to the fit - i don't want to spend a week filing the thing down to size.

Further, does the Aires set include the steel frame on the inside of the canopy? It's missing in the kit itself and is such an obvious feature I feel it should be included.

Thanks all.

Fitting the Aires F-104 cockpit into the Hasegawa kit is a chore. They are great looking cockpits but suffer from the Aires fit problem. It also doesn't come with the canopy demister tubes.

My best luck has been with the Cutting Edge F-104C cockpit, CEC48252, which is available from time to time on eBay and has the canopy demister tubes. Next would be the Avionix/Blackbox pit which also fits well but needs a bit more care than the Cutting Edge pit, doesn't have the demister tubes and is hard to find.

I also recommend the Cutting Edge F-104C Upgrade Set, CEC48265, as it corrects the air conditioning air inlet and gives you a few other goodies to improve the kit.

Cheers,

John

Hasegawa F-104 kits have quite well detailed cockpits. I dont think resin cockpit set adds any value to it. If you want to detail the cockpit, a resin seat might be worthwhile. 

I m currently building F-104G and used CMK cockpit. It added a lot of work to fit the resin tub and added details, if any, arent worth the effort that I would recommend anyone to try using a resin cockpit in F-104 kits. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235029537-hasegawa-f-104-in-belgian-markings/