Top Gun 3? Top Drone? Idea for new movie...

A US drone just bagged it's first air to air kill.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/09/19/mq-9-gets-first-air-air-kill-training-exercise-air-force-official-says.html

Maybe revise the upcoming Top Gun to reflect this new reality?     A bitter, overweight Maverick; pasty white after being locked in shipping containers for the last 15 years flying UAV's,  finally shoots down his arch nemesis, the Rooski MiG, with a few clicks of the mouse.   He emerges from his shipping container, squinting due to the bright sunlight, to the cheers of dozens of other overweight, pasty white UAV controllers.   They promptly take a week off to celebrate.  Instead of playing volleyball, they hunker down for a marathon session of Fortnite, with nothing but Rock Star and Doritos for nutrition.  

I think this idea has some real merit. 

Like the original Top Gun, it will appeal today's generation of kids.  A generation who abstains from sports (and any physical activity that takes them outdoors) and instead, spends their days in their basements, engaged in simulated combat.  

What a great recruiting tool!

Didn't realize UAV operators were a protected class.  I'd suggest not going to the movie then...  

FWIW, I've met a few operators as well. The ones I've met wouldn't get their panties in a knot over a post like that, made on a model site. 

I thought it was a great idea for a movie!  LOL!

Being a plastic model builder as well as an RC airplane flyer, I look around and see all the large guts and pasty-skinned guys who partake in our beloved hobbies.  If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Eric

14 hours ago, habu2 said:

I have met several military drone pilots/operators and I will state your “bitter overweight pasty white” description is inaccurate and offensive, even if it was made in jest. 

Who cares about them! If you haven't got a whiff of the other guys bad breath, then ain't done a thing!

Gary

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, 11bee said:

A US drone just bagged it's first air to air kill.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/09/19/mq-9-gets-first-air-air-kill-training-exercise-air-force-official-says.html

Maybe revise the upcoming Top Gun to reflect this new reality?     A bitter, overweight Maverick; pasty white after being locked in shipping containers for the last 15 years flying UAV's,  finally shoots down his arch nemesis, the Rooski MiG, with a few clicks of the mouse.   He emerges from his shipping container, squinting due to the bright sunlight, to the cheers of dozens of other overweight, pasty white UAV controllers.   They promptly take a week off to celebrate.  Instead of playing volleyball, they hunker down for a marathon session of Fortnite, with nothing but Rock Star and Doritos for nutrition.  

I think this idea has some real merit. 

Like the original Top Gun, it will appeal today's generation of kids.  A generation who abstains from sports (and any physical activity that takes them outdoors) and instead, spends their days in their basements, engaged in simulated combat.  

What a great recruiting tool!

They already have a "Top Drone" movie already out there...……..it's called Stealth...….
stealth-thai-poster.jpg

Edited by Johnopfor