Woody from Archer Fine Transfer has come up with a few ways to

fix the issue prior to adding AFT rivets. 

http://archertransfers.com/ASSETS/ArcherRivetManual.pdf

I haven't tried it myself but I have the supplies on order. I look forward to future projects.

Not an employee, just a satisfied customer of AFT products. 

Thanks for the tip Tank.

If I read that correct, it’s a simple 10 step process to fill all the divots and then you get to spend more money and another 20 - 40 hrs of your life applying rivets on top of all the divots you just painstakingly filled in.  

This isn’t a slag on Archer, I’ve used their stuff, it is first rate and this approach is probably doable for the KH Littlebirds, which currently resemble little pincushions but I can’t see very many modelers having the time (or funds for that matter) to go after the thousands of rivets that cover a larger helo such as an H-60.   

Thst being said, undoubtedly someone will do this and I can’t wait to see their build logs.  

We all get to enjoy the hobby how we choose including what we choose to fix on kits. I don't see Trumpeter, KH or others changing how they do molds anytime soon no matter how many times you or anyone else asks. Not many aftermarket folks are supplying a resin fix. Werner Wings did for minute with AH-1F/S tail but has been it that I recall. 

I think the work time frame is a little off from what I have seen. Again it comes done to how you wish to enjoy the hobby and what you want for your project this provides a workaround for folks who wish to fix the divot issue.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

We all get to enjoy the hobby how we choose including what we choose to fix on kits. I don't see Trumpeter, KH or others changing how they do molds anytime soon no matter how many times you or anyone else asks. Not many aftermarket folks are supplying a resin fix. Werner Wings did for minute with AH-1F/S tail but has been it that I recall. 

I think the work time frame is a little off from what I have seen. Again it comes done to how you wish to enjoy the hobby and what you want for your project this provides a workaround for folks who wish to fix the divot issue.

On the same page as you are Tank.  Who knows, if someone ever gets around to putting out a large scale Huey, and they opt for the pin cushion look, I'll still probably break down and go the Archer route.  I have to applaud this guy for taking the time to address this issue and offer some fixes to ensure the decals work properly, it's a great help to folks using his product.