Special Hobby 1/72 Mirage III FAMILY !!!

A two-seater maybe will help

A Mirage IIIS out from Modelsvit IIIE with PJ conversion

A Mirage IIING once again out from Modelsvit with the help of PJ and HPM resin bits while scratching the rest

A Mirage IIIC so I'll have four Mirage III but sadly Namco doesn't seems to have a liking for anything below Rafale and Mirage 2000 levels

Plus two AMK Kfirs, one from Area88 and one from Ace Combat

And I only wanted to build a single Kfir and a Mirage III 😕

Any good Cheetah out there?

Luigi

Edited by Mizar

Well too bad I don't build 1/72nd but from what I understand from my friends who do, this release is solely needed. Their Mirage F1 is beautiful and looks like I will be happy in a couple of years when the new one in 1/48th gets released by Kinetic so did not have to down scale.

Amazing all the different 1/72nd versions Special Hobby will be releasing. You guys will be happy.

Edited by skyhawk174
15 hours ago, Johnopfor said:

High Planes re-worked their Mirage III molds for finer recessed panel lines and just released a new Cheetah E kit with the new molds.....

https://www.hpmhobbies.com/high-planes-atlas-cheetah-e-saaf-kit-1-72/

Thought that was a kit conversion made from AM company (can't remember their name), I will take a good look at it, thanks 😄

Luigi

3 hours ago, Mizar said:

Thought that was a kit conversion made from AM company (can't remember their name), I will take a good look at it, thanks 😄

Luigi

48 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Scaleworx.

Yes, Scalewox has conversion kits for the Cheetah B, C, D & E for the Italeri Kfir and a Cheetah C conversion for the AMK Kfir kit.

https://www.facebook.com/scaleworx

Edited by Johnopfor

I hope this will be another success for Special Hobby, but I'm guessing it will probably be a year or two before we see the actual kits.

I can remember when the Mirage F.1s were announced and it took a while before seeing them on shelves. Same with the Viggen, which isn't even quite out yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that. They do a great job on their kits!

Cheers,

Hoops

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

I hope this will be another success for Special Hobby, but I'm guessing it will probably be a year or two before we see the actual kits.

I can remember when the Mirage F.1s were announced and it took a while before seeing them on shelves. Same with the Viggen, which isn't even quite out yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that. They do a great job on their kits!

Cheers,

Hoops

Special Hobby announced that the Viggen will be released at the end of the year by Tarangus, then under their own name in mid-2019.

49 minutes ago, Mizar said:

this kinda kills my intentions of going after PJ/HPM Mirage IIIs 😕

The Mirage III/5 is like the MiG-21 or the A-4. It doesn't take a lot of shelf space once built and the number of marking options is huge so it's likely that a modeller would want to buy and build several of them. It won't happen if the retail price is too high. I expect the Modelsvit kit to be expensive as it seems to be a sophisticated kit. The HPM/PJ kit also isn't exactly cheap. Also of all 1/72 Mirage III/5s with a "Cyrano nose", I think the SH may end up to be the more accurate.

Edited by Laurent
4 hours ago, Laurent said:

The Mirage III/5 is like the MiG-21 or the A-4. It doesn't take a lot of shelf space once built and the number of marking options is huge so it's likely that a modeller would want to buy and build several of them. It won't happen if the retail price is too high. I expect the Modelsvit kit to be expensive as it seems to be a sophisticated kit. The HPM/PJ kit also isn't exactly cheap. Also of all 1/72 Mirage III/5s with a "Cyrano nose", I think the SH may end up to be the more accurate.

I'm aware about that minefield called Mig-21, and as for now I kinda picked 8 different versions to build, going after the J-7 variant it will be a pain otherwise I could easily add two more of them, same does for the Mig-21-93 as none seems to be interested on making the definitive conversion or kit.I do own Modelsvit Mirage 4000 and the only letdown is the lack of drop tanks and fuselage pylons for extra ordinance, I don't know how many weaponry they are planning to include in their Mirage III so as for now I'll just sit, wait for SH family, snatch MPM Pantera and Cheetah, maybe the resin conversion too (just to be sure) and watch from afar till everything is done 😛

Luigi

Special Hobby have made me a very happy man. I have built many of their F.1s and have many more to build but, the Mirage III/5 family will cost me loads of money! I have about 24 HPM/PJ kits in the stash, just ordered another 5 of the double kits and a RAAF recci boxing. I can easily see myself purchasing in excess of 100 kits! At the moment I am building between 3 and 5 Mirages a month, its my all time favorite jet due to the vast amounts of colour schemes and I will never get tired of building them. Hopefully I have attached a couple of pictures of 2 of my recent builds. The Mirage IIIEV is the RVaircraft kit, not fun to build but comes out reasonably in the end. The other is the AMK KfirC.2/C.7 cross kitted with the twin seat parts from the HPM Mirage D and a resin Cheetah D nose in FAE markings. Currently I am building a FAC Kfir C10 and FAC Kfir TC. All are 1:72 scale. I am really excited about this news although my wife has told me if I want them I had better start saving!

Kfir TC Ecuador.jpg

Mirage IIIEV.jpg

Hi there, its a good match and does not take anymore than very carefull measuring and cutting of the AMK fuselage. The most time consuming part is thinning the plastic down on the inside of the splitter plate area, but as good old sod's law would have it Scaleworx have produced a resin conversion for the AMK kit.