Phantom fuselage correction set for ZM kits released

Hi, Jeffrey.

I'm delighted to see that the fabulous Hypersonic Models survived the move to Japan.

You mentioned that the products were going to be available from the 48'ers while you made the move. Are they going to remain a source for Hypersonic Models products? I may prefer that over ordering directly from you as I fear customs may bite on stuff coming from Japan.

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi Stafan,

yes, the48ers are and will continue being a Hypersonic Models' partner. in fact a new order has just come in 🙂 

I see the issue with customs/VAT and even though I think many orders will be small enough to not get caught up in extra charges I definitely want to have and outlet like the48ers within Europe (what will happen with the UK though after Brexit??)

At the same time, I'm sorry to lose you as a direct customer 😞

Cheers,

Jeffrey

9 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Cheers Ben,

this is the next item on my list, after I have somehow won the battle to get the new Skywarrior and Canberra canopies ready and released (they're fighting back at the moment...), hopefully by the end of the year, maybe Telford.

Initial investigations revealed that Zoukei Mura haven't made it easy to fit a canopy insert by moulding some kind of internal structure under the front canopy that's kind of half way between nothing and what should be there. It's impossible to make a resin piece that's thin enough to fit over this so unfortunately the modeller will have to sand this away. I'm considering to supply a masking strip that will protect the canopy while doing this....

J

Thanks, Jeffrey! I look forward to picking up a set from you when they're available.

Ben

On 9/25/2018 at 11:37 AM, Stefan buysse said:

Hi, Jeffrey.

I'm delighted to see that the fabulous Hypersonic Models survived the move to Japan.

You mentioned that the products were going to be available from the 48'ers while you made the move. Are they going to remain a source for Hypersonic Models products? I may prefer that over ordering directly from you as I fear customs may bite on stuff coming from Japan.

Cheers, Stefan.

We aim to continue offering these great products and be always properly stocked, as high availability is one of our key goals. 

7 hours ago, Ilias said:

We aim to continue offering these great products and be always properly stocked, as high availability is one of our key goals. 

Just so everyone knows, sometimes it's not Illias' fault that a product isn't stocked. Sometimes it's the manufacturer who is too slow at casting that prevents the 48ers from having something in stock. :whistle: I'm not pointing out anyone in particular (Steel Beach, Steel Beach, Steel Beach), I'm just sayin'.

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

Just so everyone knows, sometimes it's not Illias' fault that a product isn't stocked. Sometimes it's the manufacturer who is too slow at casting that prevents the 48ers from having something in stock. :whistle: I'm not pointing out anyone in particular (Steel Beach, Steel Beach, Steel Beach), I'm just sayin'.

Time needs to be spent on designing new products as well so it's not just casting LOL

I've been waiting for years and years now for that company to actually do what should be their flagship product.

I don't care what scale,,,,I reallllly want a model of a Steel Beach.

I wonder if he ever considered that he chose a name that implies "lying around doing nothing?"

On 9/24/2018 at 3:25 PM, Rex said:

But, Gary,,,,,,isn't that the hobby?

Get the cockpit right, get the airframe right, buy or create the best exhausts that we can.

Then add details to the landing gear, get the best pylons, tanks and weapons that we can find.

Then apply the best aftermarket decals that we can get for the scheme that we want.

The alternative is 457 builds of the exact same markings that come in the box for any given model,,,,,,with no mods that stand out from each other's builds, all with OOB weapons and tanks.

I really "don't get" updating the cockpit and exhaust and landing gear,,,,,but, not fixing (or even admitting) any shape errors in the model kit that we start with in our builds.

The Z-M Phantom is such a good kit of an F-4, but, add that one little fix, and it could be called the best possible model when it is finished.

I'm with you, but I went thru this with a Sheridan tank kit many years ago. Just never could reach the satisfied point in life. After three years I gave in, and it sure looked like the real thing till I studied it under good light. I vowed it would never ever happen again! 

Now I was the tried and true Hasegawa Phantom fan. Not perfect, but everyone knew what and where I was going. I stayed away from the Academy kits, later bought a couple ZM kits. I liked what I saw, but now we have a fatal flaw! Or do we? 

I old, and I'm in the winter years of life. On the other hand, I'm somewhat of an over the top perfectionist. I get started, and don't know when to stop! 

Gary

3 hours ago, Rex said:

I've been waiting for years and years now for that company to actually do what should be their flagship product.

I don't care what scale,,,,I reallllly want a model of a Steel Beach.

I wonder if he ever considered that he chose a name that implies "lying around doing nothing?"

That's exactly the reason I chose it! 😁 Well, that and it's supposed to be a "fun" time, kind of like building models.

2 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Is there a stateside dealer?

Gary

No, at this time there is no designated US dealer. So far, I haven't found that to be necessary judging by the large number of regular US customers. Postage is quite reasonable and fast from Japan and there's no import tax or duty to pay in the US either. Perhaps at some point in the future, but not at the moment...

Cheers,

Jeffrey