1/48 Su-33 Red 81

2 hours ago, Jack132698 said:

I'm agree that MRP colors are good, but Akan colors are also very good and I can offer you this link - https://www.ebay.com/sch/sena-computers/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

It is already possible to get in USA. Very fast delivery.

Linden Hill is the distributor for AKAN in the USA. He has a large selection of both the acrylic and the lacquer (my preference) paints and is great to deal with.

https://www.lindenhillimports.com/

I agree with you though, AKAN paints are great. and if you are doing a Russian subject you can pretty much be assured that the colors are accurate. I saw pics of the AKAN Su-33 paints chips laying on the surface of an actual Su-33. They were spot on. I like MRP paints a little better because of their convenience (pre-thinned) and as you can see, 199 and 200 are very close to their AKAN counterparts. It is only MRP 201 that is off.

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Linden Hill is the distributor for AKAN in the USA. He has a large selection of both the acrylic and the lacquer (my preference) paints and is great to deal with.

https://www.lindenhillimports.com/

Rus Lacquers – 6 packs - 26$ (expensive) :)

We have such acrylic paints sets cheaper.

4 hours ago, LyIgor said:

Rus Lacquers – 6 packs - 26$ (expensive) :)

We have such acrylic paints sets cheaper.

Well yea, they are made in Russia aren't they? They have to have them shipped all the way from Russia to the US and that costs money. The lacquers are considered hazardous materials and must be shipped under specific regulations and I am sure that raises the costs even more. After all of that, he has to make a living, that equates to profit. So yea, more expensive than what you pay, but I gladly pay it because they are a pleasure to do business with and I want to support US distributors when I can.

Edit: Realized that Andrey runs Begemot Decals, not Linden Hill. Post edited to reflect that. Seems I don't know the name of the person that runs Linden Hill. He always signs e-mails as "Linden Hill". :doh:

Edited by Mstor
17 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Well yea, they are made in Russia aren't they? Andrey has to have them shipped all the way from Russia to the US and that costs money. The lacquers are considered hazardous materials and must be shipped under specific regulations and I am sure that raises the costs even more. After all of that, he has to make a living, that equates to profit. So yea, more expensive than what you pay, but I gladly pay it because Andrey is a pleasure to do business with and I want to support US distributors when I can.

So well, understood......I meant that it's expensive for us.

Edited by LyIgor
51 minutes ago, LyIgor said:

So well, understood......I meant that it's expensive for us.

Oh, don't misunderstand, I envy you being able to get AKAN at much lower prices. I would think you can get MRP paints cheaper too, and all the excellent aftermarket products that are coming out of Russia and Eastern Europe. But, what can one do? It is what it is. If I want good product and want to support the vendors here in the US that import them, I have to be willing to pay the price.

Edited by Mstor
4 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Oh, don't misunderstand, I envy you being able to get AKAN at much lower prices. I would think you can get MRP paints cheaper too, and all the excellent aftermarket products that are coming out of Russia and Eastern Europe. But, what can one do? It is what it is. If I want good product and want to support the vendors here in the US that import them, I have to be willing to pay the price.

I understand perfectly.

20 hours ago, Mstor said:

Я видел фотографии чипов AKAN Su-33, лежащих на поверхности настоящего Су-33. Они были на месте. Мне нравятся краски MRP немного лучше из-за их удобства (предварительно разбавленного), и, как вы можете видеть, 199 и 200 очень близки к их аналогам AKAN. Остается только MRP 201.

These photos I made. The dark blue color of AKAN should be highlighted, very dark. In general, not the best colors.

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_31266.html

1379592886_DSC08964.jpg 1379592883_DSC08963.jpg 1379592879_DSC08962.jpg

18 hours ago, Nazar said:

These photos I made. The dark blue color of AKAN should be highlighted, very dark. In general, not the best colors.

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_31266.html

1379592886_DSC08964.jpg 1379592883_DSC08963.jpg 1379592879_DSC08962.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures, those are the photos I was referring to in an earlier post. The dark blue is definitely too dark, but I think the other two to be pretty spot on, especially looking at the other photo you took of that paint sample on the aircraft surface. Thats why I used the AKAN  light blue grey instead of the MRP one. For the other two colors I used the MRP colors.The MRP dark blue is not as dark as the AKAN one.

Again, thanks for posting the pics. An excellent comparison.

• 2 weeks later...