Proposal for Steve Bamford.........

I note that the (in)famous AMK  1/48 Tomcat post may actually reach a conclusion sometime in the near future as there certainly seems to be some evidence that the kit will be released some time in the near future (maybe this year). I also note that the initial poster in that topic was Jennings who is still banned. Assuming Jennings is interested would it be possible to remove his ban as a celebration of the kits release? I note that it has been over 3 years and a hundred plus pages since he started the post and I kinda miss Jennings. He often posted interesting and helpful information and his artwork was most useful. Yes he was sometimes abrasive but nobody is perfect (a running theme in said thread). If I recall Jennings was going through some hard times back then and maybe Jennings has moved on to other interests and isn't interested in returning but if you know that he is Steve, then the life of this thread has shown that he has "done his time" and should be up for parole. I initially considered setting this up as a poll but then thought it is really between you and Jennings as to what happens but I put it out there as a suggestion.........

Cheers

Bruce   

Jennings was a personality.  I don’t know what he did to get axed but he was a source of good info and was entertaining.   In case anyone hadn’t noticed, ARC seems to be dying a slow death these days.   Most of the regulars have left entirely or only post a few times per month.  I personally think having a few more Jennings would breath a bit of fresh air into this place but hey, it’s not my site.    

And the crustiness has already begun.  Everyone is a good/bad source of info, depending upon whom you ask.  Just like The View, don't watch/read their stuff if you don't like them.  Sadly, I suspect Jenning's bridge has been burned to ash. I also suspect he wouldn't return if asked.  And the band played on...

17 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

And the crustiness has already begun.

Why, because I'm not a fan of Jennings and his BS? The snotty, condescending attitude in his posts or replies? Sorry, but ARC used to be a helpful place that differed from Hyperscale. 

And 11Bee's "irony here is rich" comment. Smh...

And you all wonder why people have drifted off. 

On 9/26/2018 at 8:56 AM, ST0RM said:

Why, because I'm not a fan of Jennings and his BS? The snotty, condescending attitude in his posts or replies? Sorry, but ARC used to be a helpful place that differed from Hyperscale. 

And 11Bee's "irony here is rich" comment. Smh...

And you all wonder why people have drifted off. 

👍

Actually, truth be told, I think intolerance is the reason why the place is a little deader lately. Attitudes like being glad that someone was banned over disagreements is exactly the reason I don't tend to post nearly as much as I use to. Personalities clash, that's actually part of life. To have the strength and class to accept that they do and not just simply get rid of those that disagree shows character. I wasn't a big fan of Jennings posts and abrasiveness but he is a person. But hey, whatever. Live and let live, unless you're against my way?....yeah, that's not a great way to live very happily. Just sayin'. 

Bill

13 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Actually, truth be told, I think intolerance is the reason why the place is a little deader lately. Attitudes like being glad that someone was banned over disagreements is exactly the reason I don't tend to post nearly as much as I use to. Personalities clash, that's actually part of life. To have the strength and class to accept that they do and not just simply get rid of those that disagree shows character. I wasn't a big fan of Jennings posts and abrasiveness but he is a person. But hey, whatever. Live and let live, unless you're against my way?....yeah, that's not a great way to live very happily. Just sayin'. 

Bill

This.   Well put Bill.   

I think it is time to put this desperate crusade to rest. If you miss him, you can always partake his peerless personality and wallow in his supposedly boundless wisdom over at LSP - it is not like he disappeared from the face of the Earth,. 

Jennings and Afterburner Scott.  I can’t think of 2 more opposite guys on the face of the planet.  They share a passion for making decals and they’re BOTH been banned from here.  That’s it.  Sure they could come crawling back under an aliases like the others but..

man its it’s a hoot when those 2 get together and compare notes...

Edited by Sabre Freak

Wow..   the amount of hate is truly headshsking.     From all the anger, I gotta believe Jennings must have threatened to kill someone to get himself banned.  Surely he didn’t get axed because he was “snotty”.   If so, half the posters on this thread (I suppose myself included) are probably getting chopped shortly.    

7 hours ago, KursadA said:

I think it is time to put this desperate crusade to rest. If you miss him, you can always partake his peerless personality and wallow in his supposedly boundless wisdom over at LSP - it is not like he disappeared from the face of the Earth,. 

It is not a desperate crusade but I merely noticed it had been over three years and know that others who have been banned are now back. As a 1/72 builder (still waiting for certain promised 1/72 decal sheets) I have never been on LSP and have no intention of visiting there. How many innocent small animals died when you told others to leave Steve's site. Shame on you......

Edited by RCAFFAN