Jump to content

Proposal for Steve Bamford.........


Recommended Posts

I’m going to add my name to the “things are better with Jennings gone” roll. I can’t think of a single instance where I was better off having read anything he wrote. I have never and will never buy any of his sheets; he was wrong far to often for me to trust his “research”, and to much of an fool for me to trust him with money. You know who I do buy from? Caracal. 

 

Dave Klaus was a good dude, in stark contrast to a certain RT. I may have missed something, but he was always good to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

 

Possibly, but IMO the photobucket debacle had a devastaing effect on virtually all internet forums - not just this one.  Suddenly all those forum-archived images just went poof.  I understand PB may have reversed this policy but so many people deleted their PB accounts in frustration and protest that all that info has been lost, and along with it the usefulness of many many forum threads.

 

People are still posting image test threads, indicating that many forum users are still not comfortable posting image enhanced threads.

 

Again, not just ARC, but virtually all forums.

Traffic here was down quite a bit before PB went with the nuclear option.  I’m sure that didn’t help things but don’t think that is the root cause.   I’d be curious if other forums are also seeing a decline in traffic?   LSP seems consistent, not on HS or any others enough to notice any changes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Traffic here was down quite a bit before PB went with the nuclear option.  I’m sure that didn’t help things but don’t think that is the root cause.   I’d be curious if other forums are also seeing a decline in traffic?   LSP seems consistent, not on HS or any others enough to notice any changes.  

From what I see most forums have less traffic these days. 

 

I frequent 4 or 5 forums (here, HS, Brtimodeller, Aussie modeller and Kiwi modeller) and all bar Britmodeller seem to have less traffic than they did pre facebook. That said I actualy find myself checking out ARC more often as it doesn't have hundreds of new posts a day. I find I can get my fix in 30 mins or so.

 

IMHO Facebook is definitely the reason. it's so simple to join groups you're interested in and post a quick image, especially fro niche subjects. I build 48 armour and it's only place I go for that sort of content.  It's alsos good to get news on new products.  That said it's rubbish for long conversations

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 11:59 PM, SBARC said:

 

I ponder that myself.  FB groups have altered the internet and disrupted the flow of info on discussion forums.  The funny thing is that FB groups are an instant sort of thing and they are great for that...but they are really bad for finding things from a few weeks or months ago.

 

I joined the ARC FB page a few days ago and am seeing lots of content that's not here on the forums.

Perhaps you could encourage some of those builders to join us here? Maybe a canned PM telling them what a great place this is and the advantages it has over FB.

You might also modify the pinned announcement there with a simple "Please check out these pages:"

 

:cheers:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 7:22 PM, daviepancakes said:

I’m going to add my name to the “things are better with Jennings gone” roll. I can’t think of a single instance where I was better off having read anything he wrote. I have never and will never buy any of his sheets; he was wrong far to often for me to trust his “research”, and to much of an fool for me to trust him with money. You know who I do buy from? Caracal. 

 

Hmm....   Why am I thinking burner account here?

 

Haven’t heard any other comments on Jenning’s decals being flawed, on the contrary, the feedback I’ve read online has been pretty complimentary.   If you’ve seen info about any of his products having mistakes, please enlighten us.        

 

As far as posting bogus info, I think everyone is guilty of that at one point or another.  Maybe even you are as well?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with 11Bee on this one.

 

As much as Jennings and I don't get along,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I still buy his decals, and trust his research into the subject matters he releases.

If he screwed up a Skyhawk or Phantom sheet, I would be the first to howl at him and his work. But I am very happy to have his Fundekals  F4U sheet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rex said:

I'm with 11Bee on this one.

 

As much as Jennings and I don't get along,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I still buy his decals, and trust his research into the subject matters he releases.

If he screwed up a Skyhawk or Phantom sheet, I would be the first to howl at him and his work. But I am very happy to have his Fundekals  F4U sheet.

I’ve also got Fundekals F4U sheet, which leads me to another observation about “Davie”.   He stated that one would be a fool to trust Jennings with his money.  First he shreds a guy who can’t respond for crappy research and then insinuates the guy is also a thief.   I’ve ordered a couple of his decals, had zero issues.  Haven’t seen anything online about Fundekals being s scam.   Pretty f-ed up if you want my opinion. 

 

Sure glad he likes at least likes Caracal though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alvis 3.1 said:

Yes, it's always interesting to see who trashes certain decal manufacturers. It's almost as if there's fanboys at work or something like that.
But it's always okay when it's one you don't like, right?

Last I knew, was never ok to suggest someone’s a crook. Especially when the person accused isn’t allowed to defend himself.   Does that seem fair to you?

 

For the record, only seen one fanboi make that accusation so far..  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Last I knew, was never ok to suggest someone’s a crook. Especially when the person accused isn’t allowed to defend himself.   Does that seem fair to you?

 

For the record, only seen one fanboi make that accusation so far..  

No, it isn't. It's a suspicious thing to post, most certainly. In case you weren't aware of it, I was agreeing with you that the posting seemed oddly motivated. However, taking shots at people who can't reply is a fairly common event in model airplane forums. It's childish and petty and honestly, it's behaviour I've come to expect, sad as that sounds.
I'd like to hope any other baseless accusations in this thread were apologised for by the commentators, even when they're deliberately vague but really obvious at the same time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...