H-19 Arctic Scheme Question

Hi Group,

I recently bought the 1/72 Print Scale sheet for the H-19.  I am thinking of doing scheme #1 on the sheet, the U.S. Army H-19 in Arctic white and red colors.  The directions call out FS 28913 (FLUORESCENT RED-ORANGE) for the red portion.  Is that really correct?  Is it not just insignia red perhaps?  I've heard mixed reviews of Print Scale Decals so I hope these work okay.

LlH2pyV.jpg

And speaking of the H-19, would the Italeri H-19B boxing be the correct one for this ship?  Despite the artwork showing the smaller "A" tail fin, the photo included looks to me like the larger "B" fin.

Thanks in advance.

-Derek

Still looking around for the color info. I think your correct. My current thought is instructions reference the current color used today and not back then but I have to redo my research to confirm.

For the kit, yes the italeri B is the one you want, it has the bent tail that is shown it the photo but not in the drawing.

HTH

No it would not just be Insignia Red - Print Scale's chip for that particular time frame should be the earlier Federal Standard color code used in 1958 which is FS 28915 not FS 28913.

Here's a chip from fluorescent yellow -orange '915' to  fluorescent red-orange '913 to International Orange '197' by year/s. Factory fresh versus Sun fading and weathering will enhance or reduce all these which always leads to more hoopla about what color is 'closer'. What doesn't change is the years of use. International Orange is further broken down into different shades for Aerospace or Engineering, etc. Ad nauseam

386037185_FluorescentOrange-InternationalOrange.thumb.jpg.a9b0594fba4db25b6c5bb0b4f1a46378.jpg

Nice choice for the build.