MV-22 in '80's USMCR markings

Has any else thought about building Testors kit #503 MV-22 prototype as a USMCR Osprey as delivered to HMM-774 "Wild Geese" circa 1980's in either white or black markings against a Marines Green fuselage? Since Hobbico went Bankrupt. I need a clear canopy and fuselage transparency. Is a replacement still available from Italeri?

Edited by f4u4 nut
Error

Not really only cause USMCR would be the last to get new equipment for the most part. Since it was 88 or 89 the bird might have been around I think NATO tri scheme would be more realistic then solid green. I think that paint scheme is in the Testors boxing. I think only VMX-22 or HMX-1 has had a throw back solid green bird.

Probably SOL about the canopy. Don't know who the new USA distributor would be but maybe them. Again chances would be slim.

Getting clear window pieces from Italeri will not happen. I requested those parts through Hobbico and when they arrived they were the smoke grey ones. The clear ones were introduced when the Japanese one was produced and any remining clear went into certain kits boxed with HMX-1 decals. The kit number is 2622 which is the same for two kits. There is one difference I found that identified the boxings with clear parts, the box it self. Rather than a glossy finish on the box it has a matte finish. I have seen this to be true on several occasions that I had to examine kits at model shows. That's not to say it would not happen with the glossy boxed kits, but haven't seen it.

Chris M

The 503 kit which is a Testors boxing has two hard to deal with issues. The yellow windows of course and the fact that is produced as a preproduction aircraft. There is a noticeable difference on the top of the wing, compare the 2622 wing top with the 503 one and you will easily see the problems. There is a fix for this in the Cobra Company MV-22 detail set.

Chris M