I seem to remember that Modeldecal out of the UK had produced a decal specifically for the Black Buck missions including the Vulcans. Their instruction sheets always have a ton of info in them about the subject. Maybe someone on this forum has the sheet and can scan the instructions. I don't believe that Modeldecal is still around.

Not sure about all of the Vulcans, but XM607 (a Vulcan from the first mission) was painted with Medium Sea Grey and RAF Dark Green with Dark Sea Grey undersides.

HTH

Regards,

Don

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Don

I built the Airfix Vulcan in the mid to late 90s using the Modeldecal set to build XM607. For Black Buc ops this jet had Dark Sea Gray undersides according to Modeldecal, a company well known for arguably the most extensive research and detailed instructions. XM607 was gate guard at RAF Waddington in 1986 when I attended TAC Fighter meet ‘86 wearing that scheme. I doubt it had been repainted. As a side note, I still have that model and I love that old kit. It looks a treat all done up.