Been Quite busy the last 3-4 weeks on the F-14D. I usually preshade the panel lines then apply the paint and lastly distress it with various colors added to the base.

I decided to try something different. I have seen a lot of Black then the addition of white then the base color..I thought to go a step further. I not only added white but also blue and red brown. I will be using Fightertown's Excellent Sheet 48083 Tomcats at War. Low Vis Felix Plane 104. I started to use the Tamiya Colors but did not like the way the colors looked...I then went with Mr.Color colors #307,308,337 After I am done I will still go back and fine tune the corrosion control spot paint repairs...Attached are a few pictures to show the results ....

0o8zNvj.jpg

sE2XNTd.jpg

2HWgkZX.jpg

Thank You.... So I am Doing VF-31 #104. Line jets are my favorites but still do CAG or CO birds. My next up is an EA-18 with lots of color, just have not settled on the exact Squadron....As for the Brown I added it for the grunge effect. after I gloss I asses how it looks and if needed add more base color to kinda fine tune the effect....One thing I had used on my VFA-143 Bug was Tamiya Panel line wash in different mixtures of the colors through my Fine tip to get the grunge marks on the panels. I'll do that again here but after decals are applied....