Aftermarket in Canada

Hello all. I am looking to get some aftermarket items, maybe some PE or resin cockpit stuff however the shipping cost from the US is far out of line. To the point sometimes of 150% . 

Is there a well stocked place in Canada that I could order from or is ordering from EUROPE the best option?

31 minutes ago, Muddy17 said:

Hello all. I am looking to get some aftermarket items, maybe some PE or resin cockpit stuff however the shipping cost from the US is far out of line. To the point sometimes of 150% . 

Is there a well stocked place in Canada that I could order from or is ordering from EUROPE the best option?

Nothing really left in Canada that I know of, I usually order from Europe/Asia or through eBay, depending on shipping.

The only US seller with reasonable shipping is Spruebrothers

17 hours ago, Scooby said:

Nothing really left in Canada that I know of, I usually order from Europe/Asia or through eBay, depending on shipping.

The only US seller with reasonable shipping is Spruebrothers

I've lately found Spruebrothers to be very expensive with shipping. Not sure what changed, but they now seem to want 50-60 USD to ship a single kit. Considering their prices are no better than places overseas, I'll just make due with the longer ship times.

3 hours ago, Specter1075 said:

I've lately found Spruebrothers to be very expensive with shipping. Not sure what changed, but they now seem to want 50-60 USD to ship a single kit. Considering their prices are no better than places overseas, I'll just make due with the longer ship times.

I’m very selective what I buy from them now, they do have economy shipping now. You need to select it from a pull down though. I can ship a kit for $20, aftermarket for less. I shipped a ZM Phantom on a sale for $85 US total. 

My last shipment from Hobbyeasy in Hong Kong (a Hasegawa kit since no N.A. distributor right now) was ordered on  Friday night and arrived here in Calgary the next Friday!  They stock a good deal of aftermarket and provide good service so worth checking out. I also order often from Hannants....

Bruce

1 hour ago, Specter1075 said:

What part of the country are you in? I used to have that same economy option, but I don't see it anymore. I'm in Winnipeg, so maybe there is something about shipping to MB.

Alberta. I bought the ZM Phantom six months ago. And that and one other ZM Phantom were probably the only kits I purchased from a US seller in 4-5 years. I price checked the Phantoms with offers from Japan, Sprue Brothers was actually cheaper. I think ZM in Japan was jacking their shipping so as to not to compete with ZM USA. I just looked at my invoice, they were $75 US shipped.

My go to locations are Lucky, Hannants, and Ultracast.

For decals it is eBay seller rebelalpha.

Second recommendation for Ultracast. You need to check out their site as they do carry a lot of aftermarket lines but no Eduard. I think Eduard has a minimum order so probably makes it difficult.

Gary yeah you are like me and I have only ordered a kit from Spruebrothers and that was last year. Nothing in the last 4 - 5 years as you say. Shipping was a killer. Now I am waiting on the next Lucky Models $2 shipping. Have not tried Hobbyeasy yet but prices always seemed to be pretty good.

Well it seems like we agree, I just ordered 4 1/72 scale kits from Super-Hobby and its shipping was only $27.CAN

3 kits from a place in the US ( also 1/72) would have been $57USD. And the order from Europe will be here in a week so all is well.

this is the path forward I guess.

Based on past orders from Super-Hobby, you will not see your order for about a month or more.....This is not a knock on them in particular as anything i have ordered from them has arrived as ordered and well packed but the mail service from them is very slow so I hope you don't need it in a particular fast time span. Just to let you know that it will arrive just about the time you are giving up hope. Stuff from them seems to dwell in Customs for a long time based on tracking info......It leaves quickly and once Canada post actually gets it, it arrives fairly quickly (a few days) but travel times and time in customs are the unknown factors.....

Edited by RCAFFAN