modelcollect B-52D

9 hours ago, 305swag said:

Any idea as to when it wil be released?

I heard around that they should release the early G at the beginning of 2019, now probably around February but I hope there will be no delay due to the reshaping of the nose etc...

Anyway the pictures of the H model are very promising and they look very accurate, I like those flaps! (They should add them also to the G series). I have the temptation to buy one H now and do it in an early version. 

8 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

I do know the D is rumored to have 108 mk117 bombs included 

I'm seeing that they are planning very colorful D and H Early versions. To be honest, I was hoping that they also include decals for more standard versions (Just "Silver and White" with a correct SAC Badge) and for the D model I was hoping to see some early 50s nuclear monster weapon!! You know, some kind of stuff that has been even in the arsenal of the B-36 perhaps! 

SIMPLY_B-52H!_-_RESIZED.jpg

45 minutes ago, Giovanni Micali said:

Anyway the pictures of the H model are very promising and they look very accurate, I like those flaps! (They should add them also to the G series). I have the temptation to buy one H now and do it in an early version. 

They are doing an early H also and all the releases will have the dropped flaps as an option.

Thank you, I know They are doing an early H version, in fact I was hoping for a more "standard all silver and white" decal option included in the box. Something like the picture I've attached, sorry for the very poor quality! Anyway for that I think there is around a decal sheet from Warbird.

And thank you very much, I'm very pleased to know that all the releases will have the flaps extended option! That makes a big difference.

I also hope they will do a correct early G-H cockpit. It's very easy to find early D's cockpit photos. I couldn't find anything about an early G-H, all analogue but probably it's just me. 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:28 AM, Giovanni Micali said:

... and for the D model I was hoping to see some early 50s nuclear monster weapon!! You know, some kind of stuff that has been even in the arsenal of the B-36 perhaps! 

Like these?  LINK

17 hours ago, Murph said:

Like these?  LINK

Yes exactly, I've already bought, from that site, In the past, all I bought from there was very nice but as caudleryan is saying, almost everything is out of stock unfortunately.

Then an other problem is that I can't find a lot of material on how was the bomb exactly connected into the bomb bay so It would be nice, at least for me, if Modelcollect, would straight put these options (Like Mark 39s, etc....) into the box. From what I'm seeing they are doing a nice job with the interiors. 

I really like their B-52G 1966 version with B 28 bombs... the "Chrome Dome" stuff. That's the initial purpose for the creation of the B-52.

23 hours ago, Giovanni Micali said:

Yes exactly, I've already bought, from that site, In the past, all I bought from there was very nice but as caudleryan is saying, almost everything is out of stock unfortunately.

Then an other problem is that I can't find a lot of material on how was the bomb exactly connected into the bomb bay so It would be nice, at least for me, if Modelcollect, would straight put these options (Like Mark 39s, etc....) into the box. From what I'm seeing they are doing a nice job with the interiors. 

I really like their B-52G 1966 version with B 28 bombs... the "Chrome Dome" stuff. That's the initial purpose for the creation of the B-52.

You need the Universal Bomb Carrier rack to mount one of the big arse nukes to the B-36/47/52, but once its up in there you would never see the rack.  Search for bomb bay pictures of the B-47E at the SAC Museum and you can see the item itself.  Wouldn't be a tough scratch build at all.

Rick L. 

22 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

You need the Universal Bomb Carrier rack to mount one of the big arse nukes to the B-36/47/52, but once its up in there you would never see the rack.  Search for bomb bay pictures of the B-47E at the SAC Museum and you can see the item itself.  Wouldn't be a tough scratch build at all.

Thank you very much for the precise indication Rick, very useful! I'll search for it. Also, If anyone here would have any picture of the part it would be very welcome!

Thank you again!

The movie used a model of both a G and an H.  Which strangely enough, cast a shadow that looked like a B-17 while performing some goofy flight attitudes.  Not the best of cinematic special effects, but it somehow adds to the absurdity of the film in a positive way. 

Rick L.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:15 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

The scheme was "chrome dome"

Not exactly, Chrome Dome was the code name for SAC's airborne alert missions, which had B-52's airborne with live nuclear weapons , flying holding patterns 24/7 in close proximity to the USSR.   Not one of SAC's better ideas and after a few billion was spent on cleaning up radioactive crash sites, they reverted to keeping their armed aircraft on ground alert (except for the recent example of a B-52H crew flying cross country, blissfully unaware that their aircraft was armed with live, nuclear equipped cruise missiles).  

5 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I know what the mission was 11bee. That scheme is known as Chrone dome too

Interesting, was that just an informal designation?  Never heard of that scheme referred to as such.  Pretty much my favorite BUFF scheme.  

Chrome Dome was the airborne alert system AFAIK, ended after the Thule and Palomares incidents. 

There was also the Christmas Tree ground alert system (hardstands and taxiways arranged like a pine tree to feed bombers onto the runway and get all aloft quickly)

All completely barking mad. 

Would be cool to do one of those super-wrinkly black bottomed Ds from the SAC bomb comps circa mid-1970s.

Wonder if the kit will have stressed fwd fuse panels as an option?

Tony

1 hour ago, tony.t said:

Chrome Dome was the airborne alert system AFAIK, ended after the Thule and Palomares incidents. 

There was also the Christmas Tree ground alert system (hardstands and taxiways arranged like a pine tree to feed bombers onto the runway and get all aloft quickly)

All completely barking mad. 

Would be cool to do one of those super-wrinkly black bottomed Ds from the SAC bomb comps circa mid-1970s.

Wonder if the kit will have stressed fwd fuse panels as an option?

Tony

It would be cool but from what I’ve read the wrinkles change direction depending on the stress on the airframe ie; on the ground or in the air. It may limit some modelers, not me but probably some.

21 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

It would be cool but from what I’ve read the wrinkles change direction depending on the stress on the airframe ie; on the ground or in the air. It may limit some modelers, not me but probably some.

That sounds scary! Those things must have creaked like an old galleon. The Pacer Plank effort reskinned a lot of them but the one at the American hangar at Duxford has got real cellulite issues.

Tony  

9 hours ago, Murph said:

It would have been nice if they did the Quails in the wings folded configuration too.

Regards,

Murph

I agree. I wonder if you could build it folded, not sure if it would look right though.

Side note, looks like BD mixed up the vertical stabilizers when they build it.

22 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

I agree. I wonder if you could build it folded, not sure if it would look right though.

Side note, looks like BD mixed up the vertical stabilizers when they build it.

What I would really love to see is either Modelcollect or an aftermarket manufacturer do Quails mounted in a clip of either two or four.

RWCIWr0.jpg

7BY3feK.jpg

E0hA2dR.jpg

EZ9c1Dh.jpg

Not to mention a clip of four B28RIs.

DykrwjC.jpg

ib596aI.png