modelcollect B-52D

It seems MC has taken notice of the feed back on its G and H releases. While they tried to fix the major issues they feel a complete new tool D with updated molds, with a targeted release of late 2019, would be wise.  

This is simply speculation on my part but I think they see the D release as their crown jewel and want to get it right. I feel they underestimated the interest level and potential market, which in a way was good because they can invest the unexpected proceeds of the G and H kits into the D.

MC wouldn’t get into specifics but the flash and sink marks might be a driver. There’s a significant number of accuracy issues along with some fit and finish issues with the current releases which they also may not be happy with.

We can certainly take this opportunity to identify specific changes, features etc we want applied to the new tool D now that it seems it’ll be delayed.

scan0095-1.jpg

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but I took this shot when we received our first "G" model at Ellsworth A.F.B. in 1971.

scan0219.jpg

Here's a "D' model making its way back to  its reventment at U-Tapao after a mission during Vietnam.

21 hours ago, ikar said:

scan0095-1.jpg

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but I took this shot when we received our first "G" model at Ellsworth A.F.B. in 1971..

Cool, I would have posted credit for it if I had known that. 

Regards,

Murph

No problem, I just wanted to point out that this was a different model B-52.  It also appears that there are two different types of quail in the rack.  If you look at the different color radomes the sides are different between the black and the grey ones.

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 4:52 PM, Spruemeister said:

You need the Universal Bomb Carrier rack to mount one of the big arse nukes to the B-36/47/52, but once its up in there you would never see the rack.  Search for bomb bay pictures of the B-47E at the SAC Museum and you can see the item itself.  Wouldn't be a tough scratch build at all.

Rick L. 

Hi Rick,

Is this the Universal Bomb Carrier Rack you are mentioning? If it is that, it shouldn't be difficult to scratch build one.

By the way, for sure you know more than me, have you heard anything if Modelcollect will correct the clear part for the early B-52s or if anyone is going to produce a correction?

I bought the early G, I like it very much but the "cockpit front top window" is obliterated, this is wrong as in all early models, even during Vietnam war, this was still a window. I hope a correction will be done as it is very visible.

Giovanni

1979130795_b-52UniversalBombCarrierRack.jpg.129dee0845c6ba9b92ff375c7e120b9d.jpg

Edited by Giovanni Micali
  • 1 year later...

Nobody has been on this one for a while, searched for info on the Chrome Dome and ended here (again!)

Anyway, I have the early B-52G from Model-collect and it has the silver paint scheme the Palomares bird if I'm correct, and 4 B28RFI in a "clip" config. but no Quail unfortunately.

I have ordered the updated nose, as I want a SIOP bird, not Chrome Dome, but if anyone want to swap nose [arts with me, I'd be happy to oblige! I need the later nose with EWS, this is the earlier style. Funnily they have both types of tail and proper flaps with track though!

Cheers

Harald

After a little research I DID find i can actually do an early G model with SIOP paint... hmmm quandries for sure. 

It's not next on the bench yet so I will hang for a while to see if I get the Modern G nose, but good to know.

• 2 years later...