G.W.H - 1/72 F-14D TOMCAT

12 hours ago, habu2 said:

Starting a pool: which Tomcat kit hits the shelves first - GWH or AMK ?

:monkeydance:

Sooner than that Hobbyboss 1/72 A-4 Skyhawk family that they have announced for about 5 or 6 years now...…….

It's a shame GWH only have the dirty wing option, leaving the modeller to pack everything away for an accurate Tomcat on the ground. An extra pair of clean wings (like AMK are doing in the 48th one - kudos for that!) would have my money. I just have to hope the upcoming Academy new tool is clean, as the FM D is unavailable as a standalone kit, and the A is out there but not terribly easy to find.

14 hours ago, Solo said:

Panel lines looks rather wide and not so subtle for me. Look at the panel lines on F-14D Fine Molds and compare:

I'm not completely convinced that the F-14 that was on display was the final kit. The fit and finish of the F-15J and F-15C that we're on display right next to it were far far better. It was almost like they were molded by two companies. We will see once released.

Edited by Hoops
On 10/5/2018 at 2:52 AM, Solo said:

Panel lines looks rather wide and not so subtle for me. Look at the panel lines on F-14D Fine Molds and compare:

005.jpg
012.jpg

GWH sample was apparently made by the 3D print parts, which was only to check the propotion.

Their Japanese agent Pit Road forgot to mention that on the label.

• 7 months later...

For anyone like me, who are not on fakebook. Here is a handful of G.W.H images of the new kit

3oUrgjj.jpg

Parts brake down

yo5t80N.jpg

xEOdZx3.jpg

8VfEab6.jpg

flLjSio.jpg

AJr87D1.jpg

uoS8Rmd.jpg

It is visible that there are several options in the kit including two versions of the wing.

cUMJ2wj.jpg

Here is the dirty one

aY19Q3g.jpg

and the fully closed confuguration

AT5ctLS.jpg

It is visible that the radar is also made for this kit as an extra. 

ELdbtEc.jpg

Best regards

Gabor