Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Manuel J. Armas S.

G.W.H - 1/72 F-14D TOMCAT

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Solo said:

Still better wheels then Fine Molds ones. You can always buy ResKit resin wheels.

 

I almost always replace wheels these days. Not only are the resin ones more details, but they often come with separate tires and hubs which makes painting so much easier. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resin wheels, weapons, and Master's pitots are always a must have for any kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Solo said:

Resin wheels, weapons, and Master's pitots are always a must have for any kit.

 

Master’s pilots, which are those? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hope they will not pull a Tamiya and completely ignore the other 2(+2+1) variants

 

Luigi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I can see correctly, there are no bomb racks for weapons pallets. So there will be difficult to attach any AG weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the moxdau page to load so I borrowed a pair of images (source in each photo) of the details previously discussed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the mounting points for the fuel tank pylon seem to be positioned dead center on the intake underside when it really should be sitting slightly outboard of the centerline.

 

It’s a minor point, and I believe most 72nd scale Tomcats also has this detail wrong.

 

8BEF5BE2-CC67-45C9-B236-78AD49A470D6.jpeg

Edited by Anders_Isaksson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anders_Isaksson said:

I see the mounting points for the fuel tank pylon seem to be positioned dead center on the intake underside when it really should be sitting slightly outboard of the centerline.

 

It’s a minor point, and I believe most 72nd scale Tomcats also has this detail wrong.

 

8BEF5BE2-CC67-45C9-B236-78AD49A470D6.jpeg

 

Zactoman pointed that out on page 2 of this thread, about half way down the page. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mstor said:

 

Zactoman pointed that out on page 2 of this thread, about half way down the page. :thumbsup:

 

Oops, my bad. I read his post but somehow missed that detail. Thanks! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Solo said:

Here you can find much more detailed pictures:

http://www.moxing.net/2019/0704/9970.html

 

Thanks, those are nice. Aside from the few problems already noted, this looks like a very nice kit. I am amazed at how small they got the sprue gates on many of the small, delicate parts. If this is what GWH can do at 1/72 scale, I can't wait to see what they can do in 1/48.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kit contains very poor armament: only 3 pairs of AIM-9, AIM-7 and AIM-54 missiles. There is no air to ground  weapon or targeting pods.

I am thinking about potential ordnance of this model with regards of available aftermarkets.

I know I can use GBU-31 from ResKit and GBU-38 & GBU-12 from Eduards, also they have got available Litening pod, but I am not so sure this pod is proper for Bombcat.

Anyone can advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Solo said:

Here you can find much more detailed pictures:

http://www.moxing.net/2019/0704/9970.html

 

Thanks! 🙂

must say I really like what I see here, apart from the main wheels I think it all looks rather tasty.

 

And in this photo I think the spine is less pronounced, so maybe not an issue?

 

 

6A4186A7-496F-470C-9544-41626D62B558.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Solo said:

 

I know I can use GBU-31 from ResKit and GBU-38 & GBU-12 from Eduards, also they have got available Litening pod, but I am not so sure this pod is proper for Bombcat.

Anyone can advice?

 

A litening pod is not the same as a LANTIRN unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shion said:

It seems good.

See here:

 

 

 

233351b1m9oqnrmepr9pkp.jpg

 

f-14b_163218_14_of_20.jpg
They did it with parallel edges, LANTIRN pod has an angle…
Easy to fix though

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...