Wingnut Wings is doing a Lancaster!

^^^Wow! She's going to be a thing of beauty for those who purchase one. If anyone here does pick one up then please post a build log here so those of us who can't afford one can live vicariously through you :woot.gif: LOL!

Regards,

Don

Wow, first time I saw those images.  That much detail scares me!! LOL!!!  This is an insane amount of fine details. I'm afraid my Adult Attention Deficit Disorder would kick in and I would never finish it.  Can't wait to watch some of the builds online though.

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Here's some pics from their site of both CAD and actual parts that have been pressed. Amazing detail.

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3193&cat=5

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/news

Looks good but in 1/32 it might be a huge model and not that I can accommodate. 

I dont think price of $400 to 500 is that far off. But more than the price, what interests me is how big its box will be! 

Tamiya Mosquito in 1/32 is a big model. Compared to that, Lancaster will be HUGE! 

8 hours ago, stalal said:

Looks good but in 1/32 it might be a huge model and not that I can accommodate.

So true, massive. Nothing I could afford or would even have room for. Just hope someone here gets one and posts the build. I'm not into WWII stuff these days, but I'd make an exception for this.

8 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Too expensive, I will rather get the HKM one, but even that is stretching my budget to the extreme.

Don’t be so quick to write them off, they mentioned somewhere that they were trying to keep costs in the same general range as that big seaplane they recently released (forget its designation).  If so, it’s gonna be close to what HK is charging, with much superior quality.  

On 10/16/2018 at 11:48 PM, Gerhard said:

Too expensive, I will rather get the HKM one, but even that is stretching my budget to the extreme.

Two different versions so if you really want a dambuster you have to get the WNW version.

Personally I am fine with my Tamiya 1/48th kit as 1/32nd is just too big for me no matter how great it will be.  I don't have any of the recent Tamiya 1/32nd kits like the Spitfire and I am still happy.

Funny thing I heard that some guys are thinking of getting a couple of the WNW kits when they get released and putting them away as investment. Neat plan if you have the funds and if you think the market will go up.

6 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Funny thing I heard that some guys are thinking of getting a couple of the WNW kits when they get released and putting them away as investment. Neat plan if you have the funds and if you think the market will go up.

I think this applies to any WNW kit. It would appear that when they sell out of a particular kit that’s it? Unlike other manufacturers who keep re-releasing. 

For example, I’ve just paid £210 for a WNW Gotha that originally sold for about £90 from memory. A far better investment than any bank these days!! 

2 hours ago, Nigelr32 said:

I think this applies to any WNW kit. It would appear that when they sell out of a particular kit that’s it? Unlike other manufacturers who keep re-releasing. 

For example, I’ve just paid £210 for a WNW Gotha that originally sold for about £90 from memory. A far better investment than any bank these days!! 

Until WNW then re-releases that kit and your value plummets.   Heard a radio interview with one the WNW crew, sounds like pretty much every kit will be re--released at some point.     Like every investment, gotta know when to sell (I need to take my own advice on that one). 

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should be careful with statements like these until we see it in the flesh. 

The matt grey finish on the plastic will accentuate any surface detail and the aluminium skin in the photo above will reduce this effect. 

For example, take a silver plastic part and look at the detail, hard to see yeah? It looks soft and undefined. A good example would be the side consoles on Zoukei Miura’s Ta152. Now paint it matt grey. POP!! Out comes the detail. 

I personally think the WNW skin looks great and will improve under paint. 

Nige

50 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

Well, maybe, maybe not.  Is that photo of a restoration with new skin that has not been stressed yet?   If it's original skin with the paint stripped off, I agree.

that is the original skin stripped of paint.

info on the aircraft from the FB page

Recent arrival at the BC Aviation Museum in Sidney, BC. FM104 arrived at the end of September. Built as a Mk X in 1944, she made it to Great Britain as a spare for 408 and 428 Squadrons RCAF. In June 1945 she returned to Canada to join Tiger Force for the final assault on Japan. After the war FM104 served in a maritime reconnaisance role and was finally stricken off in 1964. From 1965 to 1999 she was on display in several locations around Toronto. FM104 was in storage in the Toronto area, but when the storage facility was no longer viable the decision was made by Toronto City Council (not without vigorous attempts to keep the aircraft in Ontario) to send FM104 to the BC Aviation Museum. As it stands, museum volunteers have stated they are committed to restoring the aircraft to flying condition.

The Alberta Lancaster’s are heavily stressed. They look just like the WNWs kits. It all depends on the hours on the airframe.

It is also possible FM104 was re-skinned while in service or it had very low airframe hours which is why it was selected for Post War Service.

More pictures here:

https://forum.keypublishing.com/forum/historic-aviation/93366-lancaster-fm104-canadian-air-and-space-museum?91149-Lancaster-FM104-Canadian-Air-and-Space-Museum=