GWH Jumping on the 1/48 Tomcat Bandwagon?

Sorry, but this is bordering on rudeness. Why the heck did they decide to do that?? Two Tamiya kits just out and the AMK one nearly ready to release. These are not small budget kits.

Yes, AMK's kit doesn't make money for GWH, but GWH's kit makes less money for AMK and vice versa. Almost looks like a "because we can" thing....

1 minute ago, JeffreyK said:

Sorry, but this is bordering on rudeness. Why the heck did they decide to do that?? Two Tamiya kits just out and the AMK one nearly ready to release. These are not small budget kits.

Yes, AMK's kit doesn't make money for GWH, but GWH's kit makes less money for AMK and vice versa. Almost looks like a "because we can" thing....

I would have preferred another Russian subject!

Interesting. The competition for 1/48 Tomcat sales probably just got even more tight.

Hey, great for the Tomcat fans among us but I agree with others sentiments, I'd have much preferred a new A-10, F-111 family, or some other Soviet/Russian aircraft that needs to be kitted or improved upon myself.

I wonder if it will beat the AMK Tomcat to market?

Regards.

Hi...

I do not mind another Tomcat. Tomcats sell and that why they are being prduced. If GWH gets the shape Right...IF...then this kit will sell, I am sure. One will go my way fotr sure. I hope the -A will include the parts for the very early -As, so 1974 first cruise for example. I have GWH's Mig29, it's a great kit apart from the challanging fit. I do not have their F-15s but I hear the later releases are top notch. The most interesting Question for me will be, who Releases first? AMK or GWH...anyhow, I will buy both!

cheers

Uwe

6 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

The GWH kit is an F-14A, while AMK is working on the F-14D (who knows if and when they'd get to release the A kit), so it's neat to have better detailed (and better priced?) alternatives to Tamiya kits for both A's & D's.

Edited by ijozic

Note that the wing has pivots.  Which means it will be positionable.  I know some people were knocking the AMK kit for that, so... here you go.

Also: I'm sure that AMK will eventually release the early types, and that GWH will eventually release the later ones, so all three manufacturers will be competing with each other.

7 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

If GWH can do it faster and better then they're free to do so..not stepping on toes or trying to preserve feelings doesn't work in a competitive market 

7 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Image result for show me on this doll meme

Did we really just go there? "Rudeness"? This is business..."because we can", and because ours is gonna be that little bit better and because company X didn't do detail Y with their kit. There are no polite handshakes and participation medals for trying here. 

Tips hat to Tamiya...props for standing at the top, unchallenged...watching these guys fight for second place.